easy to drive 2000 wrangler 5 spd?

tozir

Hi, I Havnt driven too many manual transmissions, and the ones I have were on big trucks, and I was wondering how easy it is to drive a wrangler with a 5 spd. Thanks

Very easy if you have a background with standards shouldn't have too much trouble with a wrangler, that's the vehicle I learned to drive standard on.

Very easy if you have a background with standards shouldn't have too much trouble with a wrangler, that's the vehicle I learned to drive standard on.

kinda figured that. just wanted to ask, because a diesels transmission is gonna be alot different than a 4.0 I6's.
got another question: do you have to touch the gas to get it to start moving? because i didnt with that diesel. just let up on clutch and it started to roll

I learned to drive stick on a 2003 jeep wrangler rubicon, I started out letting out quite a bit on the clutch and the torque would get it to start rolling then apply the gas. It's fairly simple first time you drive it you'll figure it out shouldn't take you long to get it down especially driving big diesels.

got another question: do you have to touch the gas to get it to start moving? because i didnt with that diesel. just let up on clutch and it started to roll
Yes, you will need to give it a little gas as you let up on the clutch. Otherwise it will stall. Gas passenger car engines don't have nearly the torque of diesels and the gearing isn't as low.

the only advantage that the newer 4.0's have is i read they have 85% torque available at idle so there is enough to get them going, but just like JohnnyO said you will have to give it some gas.

Back