Engine Swap: 2002 2.5 CRD with 2005 2.8CRD

rnsakanya

Please help. I just swapped my 2.5 CRD engine with a 2.8 CRD with all cable accessories, key, Ignition etc. It fitted very well with only minor adjustments, but it wont start. It is showing a cancelled key sign on the dash. What should i do.

Richard
I finally decided to use the 2.5 cntrol box and harness on the 2.8. The engine is able to turn now but wont start. I noticed that the fuel pressure from the pump was very very low. Could this be a pump problem or is it control box issues?

Last edited:

Well, its early so I will give it a guess. I know a lot of the newer car wont start with out the computer chiped key. My guess is that your computer is showing the wrong key is trying to start the engine. My friend just lost his keys to his truck and the dealer wanted him to tow it to them and they would reflash his computer and get him a new key made, would have cost like 300 bucks but he found his keys about a week later. That would be my first guess. Other than that, I have no clue. Sorry

Well, its early so I will give it a guess. I know a lot of the newer car wont start with out the computer chiped key. My guess is that your computer is showing the wrong key is trying to start the engine. My friend just lost his keys to his truck and the dealer wanted him to tow it to them and they would reflash his computer and get him a new key made, would have cost like 300 bucks but he found his keys about a week later. That would be my first guess. Other than that, I have no clue. Sorry

Hi,
Thanks for your response. The swap engine came with the original key and Ignition

Back