Ever gotten a ticket in your Jeep?

Jesse

As the title asks, have you ever gotten a ticket in the Jeep? Any kind. Just curious to see what people have to say. :p Speeding ticket, or any other kind. Or even stories.

Last edited:

I got as close as a warning to slow down going downhill.:D

I got pulled over a few weeks ago going up a steep bridge. I was passing a car that was going slow in the left lane. Cop told me I was doing 82 in a 60 and I told him I don't think the Jeep would do 82. He kinda yelled at me telling me how many points the ticket will be and the fine is about $400. I know he didn't clock me as I saw him coming on the on ramp and there was no where for him to sit. I was probably going 75. That I would have agreed to. He ended up letting me go. In his words, "I'm on the way home and don't feel like messing with it."

That's the only time I've been pulled over in the Jeep.

I have a deputy sheriff in my county that is trying real hard to give me a ticket or two. For the past three-ish yrs., he has tried. It started with me and my jeep sitting in a lake. I was standing on my seat and fishing when I saw the police car lights. I raced across the shallow end of the lake and came out. He caught up with me and ran my jeep and license. He saw the wet mud but didn't catch me in the lake, so I walked away from that one.
Well, last week, he rolls up on us and promised us a ticket. He said that the next time he sees my jeep with mud on it, he's writing it. So, now I don't go down there anymore....it's a $1500 ticket.
In the PNW, they have locked gates in the woods. Well, a few weeks ago, a few jeepers found a great quad trail that we followed. It put us on the wrong side of the gate. A Ranger noticed us and we took off thro the dense forest growth and lost him.
Another forest ranger stopped me on the mountain and tried citing me for too many lights. He said the law only allows you six lights and I have twelve. When I quoted him the law, he tried telling me that I was poaching. Got out of that one as I had no weapons with me.
I own a wolf pack...five timber wolves. I was running them in a mountain pasture and got fined for owning wild animals. So, I had to purchase a "hobby" license. How'd I get 5 wolves in my TJ....with a WW2 Army trailer that I pull.

My Dad got a ticket in Michigan doing 84 in a 70. How I do not know that Jeep MIGHT go 85 down hill with a tailwind but not likely. Especially with it loaded down like it was.

I got a warning for trespassing on state game lands 2 days after I bought my jeep.I dont go into the woods threw that way any more.

image-missing.png

i drove my wifes jetta one day and got a speeding ticket i passed the same cop the next day in my jeep going faster than the day before. fo some reason cops dont think my jeep can speed?

I got a speeding ticket when I owned my YJ. After I started driving the stretch of road daily I realized they just pulled over vehicles with out of state plates. Once I reregistered my Jeep they left me alone.:shades: Before I did though, 45 mph did NOT mean 46, it meant 45. With in state plates 50 seemed to be OK. :roll:

i had to have a breathilizer in mine because i got in trouble when i was young. my wife and i were way up on top of a mountain in the snow. i didnt drink at the time but the machine beeps at intrevels and you have to blow in it to get it to stay on. my wife had a couple margarites at dinner and she was in the habit of blowing in it for me. she picks it up and obviously she fails and my jeep shuts off. so where a thousand miles to no where and no ride. i had to take apart the steering colum and disconect it. it worked but i allmost lost my liscense luckly the manager of the breathelzer owned a rubicon and he let me slide on that one. only in a jeep!

I can only hope that if I ever get a ticket in my jeep or in anything I'm driving that the officer ticketing me is damn good lookin', is single and gives me his phone number.:shades::twisted:

i have never gotten a ticket in my life.
not even a parking one.
pretty good for being 46 years old.

tickets, not in this house.....

the wife got 2 on the pa tp both @ 20 over the limit, but caught a brake, she's such a flirt... then a 3rd after that 20 over again but a local cop.... so um 3 points shy of losing her lic.... and dumb me just worked her motor... i'm glad i got the bigger tires to slow her down......

as for me going to jersey over the toll bridge property... 65 in a 25... thank god for out state tickets... cost a mere 300$ no points !

a few offroad warnings so we go legal now....

I didn't expect many speeding tickets, I know I never get looked at twice by a cop for my speed. & I also have never gotten a ticket in my life. Although I'm a bit younger than unclebill... :p

I got one 2 weeks ago for speeding......... 105 in a 60.......... yes yes i know IM SORRY! but i was racing this little ricer car and i wasn't paying attention to the speed, i just knew i was whoopin his ass lol, as most of you know i just got back from the beach, well got a ticket down there for no doors(side mirrors) but he wrote it up as doors, stupid thing was, is i was on the panama city strip which you know you do like 2 mph the whole time. But I'm going Aug 17th to fight it :) He was cocky too before he left he said "oh i don't think you tag is funny" which it says ILIKMUD

Last edited:
Back in college I got a ticket for 82 in a 65. I was in my 85 CJ7 with 33s so the speedo was pretty far off.

I remember getting it up that fast - I was heading downhill with the pedal to the floor, and the whole Jeep was shaking - I almost wet myself it was so scary.

I ended up getting the speedo calibrated and it was off by like 8 mph - I bought a speedo gear and had to pay a bunch of court cost, etc - but no wreckless driving.

previously I got lots of speeding ticket as I was clicked by radar doing 160 or 150 km/h on a 120 km/h road , since regearing to 4.56 my max speed is now 120 or 130 km/h so no more speeding tickets :D

2 nd problem is with Municipility , I usually get parking tickets for parking on the Pavment :D

Worst I get is weird looks when I get impatient & go over curbs.. :D Jeeps are great for that...

Speeding tickets??? You gotta be kidding! 'Tho here in Jackson, Louisiana the speed limit is 25, so I could definitely get a ticket if I was so inclined..........but I'm not.

I got pulled over in my Jeep for an expired inspection sticker in VA. There were two cars that pulled me over. As I was getting the registration from the glove box to give the guy on my side, I looked in the mirror and there was his buddy watching me with his hand on his gun on the passenger side. I guess most people with expired stickers want to shoot cops!

I've been ticketed for several things in my Jeep, most were back in high school.

-Tint
-Speeding (like 3 times)
-No front plate
-Illegal taillight covers
-Not having fenders wide enough to cover my tires
-Assorted pot offenses
-Expired tags

And my most prized, careless driving for doing a huge smokey brake stand to impress a certain female who still rides in my Jeep to this day

As I mentioned these were mostly back in high school when I was young and stupid. I haven't had a ticket in my Jeep for probably 4 years (knock on wood :D)

Back