explorer pro comp

cody77

i recently bought a '95 YJ with a 2.5L 4 banger. anyways.... i was thumbing through a summit racing catalog the other day and i happened to see a explorer pro comp TJ suspension upgrade for the YJ's. i was wondering if anyone else had ever heard of this kit or had installed it and if it is worth the money? any help is greatly appreciated.[addsig]

explorer pro comp in general sucks. my best friend's dad owns a custom jeep shop and he told us that their lifts ride very hard. the pro comp tires have also had a bad wrap. the kit you are talking about is the coil conversion, it is about 5 1/2 inches of lift.....the problem with the kit is that you can't interchange parts to make your lift taller or smaller, it is designed just for that amount of height and you'll have to buy a whole new lift if you want something different down the road.[addsig]

Have no opinon of the lifts but my friend with a 1971 Bronco is very happy with his 35x12.50x15 Pro Comp Tires[addsig]

I use explorer pro comp shocks in my 93 YJ. I did alot of looking around before I installed this. I found out that explorer pro comp shocks are identical to some of the rancho models. I was told by a couple of different off-road shops that rancho does all the testing of new shocks and usually introduces the new versions first and other companies such as explorer copy them. I bought the explorer procomp because they were a little cheaper than rancho......Don't quote me on this....it just what I've been told.[addsig]

The explorer pro comp kit is a good 'starter' kit. It is reasonable in cost, installation, ect. BUT-be prepared for a stiff and bouncy ride. This is due to their spring pack being a tad too short and the wrong spring rate.[addsig]

Back