Fair price for soft top?

geopig

Hi all,

I'm going to throw my soft-top up for sale both on the board and locally on craigslist and was curious to find out if my asking price seems reasonable. It is the stock top from my 91 YJ, in good condtion. All hardware and windows except for the upper half door skins that I need to keep. Only minor tears that have been repaired. I haven't even had the top on the jeep (including the hardware) for the past 3 years. I'm asking $200 obo. Does that seem fair? Oh and it is for local pickup only since I really don't want to deal with shipping the frame hardware.

Thanks for the input.

geopig said:
Hi all,

I'm going to throw my soft-top up for sale both on the board and locally on craigslist and was curious to find out if my asking price seems reasonable. It is the stock top from my 91 YJ, in good condtion. All hardware and windows except for the upper half door skins that I need to keep. Only minor tears that have been repaired. I haven't even had the top on the jeep (including the hardware) for the past 3 years. I'm asking $200 obo. Does that seem fair? Oh and it is for local pickup only since I really don't want to deal with shipping the frame hardware.

Thanks for the input.
Windshield channel, and tailgate bar included? Door Surrounds?

Those 3 items make a huge difference.
I still have a Bestop that I can't use because the factory hardware is different then Bestop's hardware, and finding a windshield channel and door surrounds for a descent price is impossible.

Oh, and assuming the top is in descent condition, i'd say "Yes" if it includes the windshield channel, and tail gate hardware.

Sell your door surrounds separately, they are pricey and you can fetch a good dollar for them.

No door surrounds on a YJ Mingez.

that new and with harware... sounds fair to me. If you like eBay I'd say you may even get more, but for a local sale that's a good price.

Thanks for the confirmation. Need the windshield channel for my bikini top though.

TwistedCopper said:
No door surrounds on a YJ Mingez.

that new and with harware... sounds fair to me. If you like eBay I'd say you may even get more, but for a local sale that's a good price.
Ha! I didn't snap it's a YJ.

Back