Fairly New LEO

dandoc

Some of you may have noticed a lack of activity from me the past month or two, and for good reason... I just finished my 5th week at the law enforcement academy for the Sheriff's Office. Before that was a series of ride-alongs on several shifts to become familiar with the office and some of the other deputies. Adding to that, I've been in the process of buying a house and 11 acres, as well as some planning for a wedding to take place in just over a month. Needless to say, things have been busy, and unfortunately, I haven't been able to contribute to Jeepz much at all. I'll be in the academy until a few days before Christmas, and after that will be field training (field training = even more work and stress!). So at that pace, I should be a regular contributor to Jeepz somewhere around March or April :lol: Coming up next week: basic RADAR and vehicle crash investigation... fun times!

Happy Jeepin'
-dandoc

P.S. I know that not all of the pictures of Project Salt's rebuild have been posted on my website (link in signature line below). One of these days I'll get around to formatting and cropping the relevant pictures and post them for all to see. Until then, pester me once in a while and we'll see what comes of it.

Congratulations, on everything from the wedding to the career, from a fellow Deputy Sheriff.

Congratulations on everything! You are alot busier than I want to be.
I work for Federal law enforcement, but rely heavily on our local deputies....

See you in the spring!!

I can't wait to have a semi-local guy in the sheriff's office to call for favors!

j/k :mrgreen:

What is it you do? I moonlight for a Fed agency in two different districts locally, great part-time gig. USMS here.

USMS is a good gig! I got a buddy thats with them, he loves it.
I work for I.C.E.
Its not quite what I thought I would be doing 5 years ago, but it pays for my jeep addiction.

Back