Fenders: To cut or not to cut...

GaryMB

Well the front fenders on my cj are pretty banged up, and I can either try to hammer them out, leave them alone, or cut them to make them flat. ?

go with the flat. i did it to my cj and it looks great.

RE: DeLorean Dead

Now I'm kinda curious. My fenders are pretty banged up as well. How would one go about cutting then without leaving this ugly metal edge sticking out, weld a tube under it?

RE: Will this body tub swap work?

no, the best way to do it i found is to come up from where thay attatch to the grille, and come out with some sort of arc that works into the front of the fender and then follow it around the side. yj flares will allow you to go partially flat (i like them the best) and tj flares will go paper flat. i dont kno about cj flares though.

RE: Check for MUD!!!

Here is what I am thinking of doing...I did this in Paint so don't laugh,,,but it does give a good look at it...a before and after...taking it just at the top of the turn sig..leaving about 1" thickness on the flare. Sorry but I kept the pics large for more detail
before:
image-missing.png

After:
image-missing.png

fenders are like those little extra tab pieces you find on old plastic toys. For example, army men, often you'd find extra flaps of plastic hanging from Sgt. Sloppy Joe's arm. Or Private Thumblethumb would have webbed legs. You're just supposed to realize that they were accidently left there, and just pull them off

RE: Flat fender kit for a YJ???

Put one mark down for the CJ.

CJ's have signals on the grill. TJ's dont. :twisted: Move the signals onto the grill.

get some cj turn signals and mount them on the grill, or look in jp, they had a pretty good idea also. they used the flush mount kind that use a rubber gasket to hold them in place, the same style lots of people use for flush mount tail lights

RE: How do I remove factory decals?

The turn signals on my CJ are covered up by my winch, so i have some that mount to the side of the winch bumper. If you ever plan on getting a winch in the future, you could probably avoid this by mounting the new blinkers up pretty high.

Back