First Trail Ride With New Jeep

hossenfeth

Well took the new TJ out for her first trail ride today. Drove trails at a state forest for a couple hours this afternoon with my wife and we both had a great time. She (wife) is really getting into this stuff. I was very suprised at my stock TJs ability. I wish I would have brought along the digital camera so I could post some pics. I am also planning on going up to ELY OHV park some time in the next few weeks if anyone would be interested.

Just wanted post cause I was so excited,

Hoss[addsig]

Where is ELY OVR park? Glad you have the jeep and glad it is a family thing. Tell your wife not to get to interested or you will be going out to find her one too. Tug :-D [addsig]

Glad you had fun. You will be amazed at what a jeep can do. I have a 98 4.0L also all stock and it would wheel just as well as mine did before I added the locker and extra lift, and I was running 35" tires. Have fun with it! Good luck out there[addsig]

I had a 97 stock with 31's on it and could run the trails with a yj with 40's. They built the TJ's sslid, but I had to get a cj7. Just bought it 2 weeks ago and getting it ready to take off road. I can't wait![addsig]

hossen ~ whered you go? im here in iowa with you, but im havin trouble findin trails. [addsig]

Hossenfeth,

Sounds Great !!!! My Wife has been giving me grief over how rusty and raggety my old CJ is getting. She wants me to put it on the block and buy a new Sport which she could drive to work.

I'm thinking about it....I like the new Rubicon but as much as these TJ's cost I couldn't afford to let it sit behind the fence all week like my CJ does, it would have to work for a living and be her daily driver. 4 wheel anti locks would be a must for the freeway she drives each day. So Sport it is.

I'd have to build it up of course. She says she would have no problem with MT/R 32's on it and a gascan rack on the back and such.

I'm looking...
[addsig]

its a lot more fun out there. glad ya had a good time. watch out for ya wife. before ya know it shell be driving the jeep and youll be stuck with the "family car". lol.[addsig]

hossen ~ whered you go? im here in iowa with you, but im havin trouble findin trails.

Well My dad owns a few thousand acres of pasture ground in southwes iowa so I wheel there when ever I can. I took my trail ride in Stephens State Forest ...the trails are fun but by no means extreme :) kinda fun for a stocker......a few creek crossings and some steep snowy hills and a ditch or two to straddle.

[addsig]

For Astronomy, we have a saying for the first time one uses a new scope to look at the night sky, it's called "First light". Congradts on your "first Dirt!
:lol: [addsig]

Back