Free Speech

How would one hold the parents responsible? Sorry to say, but we have many, many parents that shouldn't be so the Gov has to intervene for the sake of the child. I have never understood why we have to test for a drivers license yet, we don't have to have any type of parental classes before having a baby. I want my freedom also and if we could all be responsible adults, then we wouldn't need laws or at least as many as we do. It's a vicious cycle. I have no idea how we can hold parents responsible that doesn't take certain rights away. Do you?

THIS THREAD IS DEAD... BUT

Mingez PM'd a few of us to remind us of this thread. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S SACRED AND HOLY please don't post up to restart this discussion!!!!

I just thought it would make great reading for some of the newer folks, and bring back memories for those who were around for it.

Sorry I couldn't resist8)

Posted just so others might see TC's message, since it was buried at the bottom of the last page.

Very good read. Funny thing though, I know I posted to this thread, but none of my posts are in it.:?

Posted just so others might see TC's message, since it was buried at the bottom of the last page.

Very good read. Funny thing though, I know I posted to this thread, but none of my posts are in it.:?

Yeah... a nice bribe to the mods goes a long way :p

JK!!!

It is about choice, it is about a line, and it is about free speech, and my freedom to hear it. I agree with laneiac that education has a huge role in this.

I don't think I should have to pay to hear Howard Stern, that is just simply outrageous. There is a line that can be crossed, true. The problem is, that line is determined by the people, and I don't think it has been crossed by Stern. There is an obvious demand for that type of programming, thus, it exists. If you want him to go away, don't listen, his ratings will drop, and he'll be forced to go away. Pick your poison, more government intervention, or capitalism. I say the latter.

The problems with "Social" Republicans is that they preach for "Freedom" and "Liberty" and the need to defend it at ALL costs, but they want to determine what your freedoms should be. Ludicrious policies such as this are going to get the Bush admin. run out of the White House, and I'll be laughing when it does.

Just remember YOUR line isn't necessarily MY line to be crossed. If the government intervenes and forces him off the air, my right has been taken away to listen to him because I can't simply turn him back on. If he is left on air, one still has the right to turn him off. I think the bigger crime would be to employ censorship tactics.
Censorship is for Facists and Dictatorships, leave that for those types of governments.
God bless the USA.

BTW- I hate Stern, and NEVER listen to him.

For the first time I have to say I agree with your statement Sir! Dang I hope your changed and not the other way around! hehehehe tug

Back