Free to a good home.

Tison78_CJ5

Hi All,
I wasn't sure if this is the proper place to post this, but was CJ related.
I have my old wheels, and tires to give away.
They fit my 78 CJ5 with 11" rear brake drums. 5.5 lug space.
The wheels are steel, black, pretty good condition, not warped or dented.
The tires are 33-12.5-15 . They are dry rotting, good tread, probably last another year.
I put regular size rims, and tires back on mine.
These probably must be picked up. They weigh appx. 70 pounds each.
If someone is wanting to put larger tires on a jeep, this is a cheap way to get er done.
Just shoot post on this thread, and we'll work it out.
I live about 15 miles, north of Asheville, NC

Attachments

• DSC00702.JPG
    DSC00702.JPG
    894.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00703.JPG
    DSC00703.JPG
    688.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Yes, they do. I'll even throw in the old lug nuts with them.
I replaced everything on mine , and the old wheels are just sitting.
My other option is to have the tires removed from the rims, and keep the rims.
The tires are just old, dry rot is setting in, but they probably still have a year or so on them.
If you want big wheels on your Jeep, this is a quick way to get a start on it.
The rims are in good condition, just need cleaning.

They really are. The pictures of my Jeep are with them. I just replaced them a few weeks ago. I just did not like the tires. I had to wear hearing protection to drive. They will go down the road at 70 MPH.
I opted for comfort, over bad ass.

Hi Camonutt,
Up in the mountains of western North Carolina. I'm about 15 miles out of Asheville, NC.
Actually 4 miles from Leicester, NC.

I just noticed your post on your electrical system. I am a electronics engineer. If you are close enough to get your Jeep up here, I can fix it for you. If it takes a part, you pay for that, but free labor.

Last edited:
I just noticed your post on your electrical system. I am a electronics engineer. If you are close enough to get your Jeep up here, I can fix it for you. If it takes a part, you pay for that, but free labor.

Well, dang, I'm just over in Waynesville. I'll have to bring my Cherokee by and figure out WTF is wrong with it. Has had an electrical gremlin givin' us fits ever since we bought it.

Hi Mud4feet,
Bring I on.
I never know when another consulting job will call, but till then I have nothing going on.
I would be happy to take a look at it.
I'll send you my cell number, and address.
Just give a shout when you are ready.

My old wheels/tires will be available for one more week. Then I'm removing the tires, and keeping the rims for some other day. I might want big tires on it again some time down the road.

SO LAST WEEK! COME AN GET EM......

Back