Freind's Jeep - Problems.

DiamantMeister

Hey guys, I wanted to see if any of you guys could help me out with this:

A freind of mine has 00 Jeep Wrangler, 5spd. 4.0l, and she told me that she is having problems with it...

Description of the problem:

She'll be driving down the road and it will just smooth out die. She told me that when she fires it back up, it will not stay idle. I suggested to her that she get it started and hold the RPMs at 1 Grand to try and reteach the computer what Idle was. I, being the dumb person I am with cars, thought that maybe the battery or alternator is going out thus reseting the computer as she is driving down the road.

This Jeep might as well be a caddilac- she does no offroading or anything harsh in it. She does like 40 under the freekin' speed limit, and as far as I know, she keeps it well maintained on the oil schedule. Any tips?

Thanks!

whats it worth $$$

Battery is dead and won't hold the charge probably. Mine is like that right now. Once I get it jumpstarted I have to keep my foot on the gas for a few minutes to keep it running. Otherwise it won't stay at an idle and just sputters and dies. I'd have the battery checked first and then go from there. I know mine is the stock one that came with it in 2001 so it's definetly due to be replaced.

Back