Fried guages...expensive?

Craig

I was out last weekend 4 wheelin with my buddies and a large, deep mud hole sort of jumped out in front of me so I had no choice but to go through it. I got a little stuck. When I tried to back out of it (with my window down), I threw mud and water all over the inside (and on myself). I got my instrument panel wet and fried the electrical for my speedo and tach. I was just wondering if this is a very expensive part or are wreckers the best way to go. Also...has anyone ever tried saudering the circuit board for the speedo and tach...it's so flimsy that I think I'll just melt it.[addsig]

Your best bet is at one of the Jeep Bone Yards. I bet the dealers would want your 1st born fo a new set. Tug[addsig]

Bone yards are the best way to go.

Just remember that most of us put our machines through the same treatment, so make sure you can get a warrantee for your hard earned money.[addsig]

Post on the parts wanted page, I bet someone parting one out would be alot cheaper plus you won't have to deal with the feds... the boneyard guy is gonna want alot for that majic sticker that identifies a mileage change, just a thought. [addsig]

Back