fuel line disconnect....

lethaldose

maybe i'm over looking something simple but i've pulled the manual and it doesnt cover any line like this. And i've never ran into this but its the main line for the fuel rail on my 01 4.0 , theres no clips visable like a quick connect style and unless theres some special tool i'm lost... heres a shot of it if anybody can set me on the right path thanks a million :D

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Long time since I've posted. You need special disconnect tools. Cheap, plastic. There is a spring in there that keeps the line together. The tool expands the spring so that the line slides out. I am sending a link that has the tool. The description is there so you can go to a local AZ or other parts store. Most places stock the tools. It comes in a set with various sizes.

http://www.ctatools.com/catalogs/disconnect.pdf too number is 3450.

Good Luck,
Guysmiley

your the man thanks .. i actually called adv in town spoke with a guy this morn so gonna pick em up and have another stab at the intake/exhaust manifold removal.... so far not too fun i believe i'm going to go ahead and swap in headers while i'm deep in it ... thanks again man

Back