fuel lines

bluejeeper

Hey guys its bin a wile since my last post. Have done a lot of work to my jeep it’s starting to look good .any way here is my question I found the write up on converting the 15 gal. Gas tank to a 20. but i would like to take out the tank completely and in the write up it didn't explain on disconnecting the fuel lines what is the best way any help or a point in the right direction would be great tankes for the help sorry 92 yj

It's pretty easy. The filler hose is fat.. like 1.5" in diameter. The fuel lines to the motor will come off the sending unit in the top of the tank. Then you have the vent line that goes up into the pressure releif valve in the rear passenger side body compartment (you'll understand when you start to dis-assemble.) I think there's 1 more vent hose going back out the filler hole, but it's like putting a puzzle back together. Shapes and lengths will match.

But if you're still unsure, take pictures as you go, or use masking tape and make matching notes to yourself; ie, hose A to tank connection A, put tape on both parts and write an A on the tape with marker, etc.

C

Just curious, why do you want to take the whole tank out? I did the conversion on my 95 in an hour with the tank on.

So the fuel lines are disconnected on top of the tank right. The reason I want to drop the tank is to clean and paint the skid plate along with the under side of my tub

bluejeeper said:
The reason I want to drop the tank is to clean and paint the skid plate along with the under side of my tub

Who's gonna look under there!!! - Just kidding. I wish I had the time to give my YJ that thorough of a rehab.
Do you have a Chilton's or Haynes manual???

Back