Gas prices

Re: factory tint

Well, you can argue all you want about it, but the truth is that we are the best country in the world. We Americans sometimes tend to be a tad narrow minded. I have been fortunate enough to have read and research many other types of governments, and even though our govt. is not perfect, it is much better than other any other country. Our ideal of a perfcet govt. is that of one that is always there to cover out ass, yet it better not be in sight to tell me what to do. (Basically) . Well, that outcome requires an extremely delicate balance, and to tell you the truth, no matter how good our govt is, you will never please anybody. If you want to be truly free, move to an uncivilized area and live off the land. There you will be free to hunt and shit and do whatever you want,whenever you want. Heck, if you don't want to eat, don't, starve. My point is, hey think about it and lets get out head out of the sand. We are living in the USA. Many people have DIED trying to protect it. Many have DIED trying to come into this country! Why do Cubans risk everything , and jump in a 56' Chevy and try to float it to our shores. WHY?
You say, "Keep the govt. out of this!" , Well, if the govt. does not regulate, then who will? Hell, I'm glad the govt. regulates us, and large companies, and many, many other countries. When push comes to shove, we choose the govt. , so we choose who represents us. Next election day, choose the polititian that will suit your need and I will choose mine. BTW, I am just expressing my opinions, and by no mean do I mean to get in anybodies face.-al

K_K_PSI_GUY said:
Well, you can argue all you want about it, but the truth is that we are the best country in the world.
You'll never hear me argue that point. I totally agree, As I said before, this is a great country.
Our ideal of a perfcet govt. is that of one that is always there to cover out ass, yet it better not be in sight to tell me what to do. (Basically) .
Our constitution is the primary reason for the success of our nation and that brilliant document clearly defines the purpose and responsibilities of the federal government. Defending our united states being one of them (CYA as you put it). Nowhere does it say to tax it's constituents to keep them compliant. Actually that's the type of thing the constitution was designed to protect us from. The beauty of it is our ability to challenge and question injustice.
If you want to be truly free, move to an uncivilized area and live off the land. There you will be free to hunt and shit and do whatever you want,whenever you want. Heck, if you don't want to eat, don't, starve. My point is, hey think about it and lets get out head out of the sand.
That's not free, that's isolation. Why shouldn't I be free do do what I want right where I sit (so long as it does not harm others?) If you believe that freedom is no longer feasible in our society, then who has their head in the sand?

We are living in the USA. Many people have DIED trying to protect it. Many have DIED trying to come into this country! Why do Cubans risk everything , and jump in a 56' Chevy and try to float it to our shores. WHY?
I'll guess freedom from opressive governments???

You say, "Keep the govt. out of this!" , Well, if the govt. does not regulate, then who will? Hell, I'm glad the govt. regulates us, and large companies, and many, many other countries. When push comes to shove, we choose the govt. , so we choose who represents us.
Do we really? I think over the years the tables have turned. Large companies and special interest groups regulate our politicians. They provide the almighty dollar that gets campaigns won, so they get catered to. this could change through campaign reform, but the last guy who ran on that ticket was made out by his fellow politicians to be a raging lunatic(Sen John McCain). How dare he mess with the cash cow!??!?!
Next election day, choose the polititian that will suit your need and I will choose mine.
agreed :wink:

mingez said:
But Government needs to stay out of my bathtub (so to speak). It'll be like "1984" before too long. Screw that. I'd rather walk to work. :?

Come on, Mingez! Take your Prozac and let big brother take care of everything like a good little citizen. :lol:
(Wasn't there a drug in that book that made society more docile? Just thought it was a funny coincidink!)

I don't know why when someone questions how our government does things, the first reaction to it is: "If you don't like it then leave."
"Posers" leave and give up. True Patriots stay and fight the good fight! Of course, let's put this into perspective, we ARE talking about gasoline here. Being critical of our home means we care. It's UN-American to be exploited.

Cubans risk there lives and brave the ocean to come to the "Closest" democracy with a descent and tolerant group of people. Southeast Asians do the same, but to Australia, Japan, and South Korea. Arabs folks escape to Europe. We are one of the first democracys but not the only. Love your country, yes, but understand we aren't the ONLY game in town, just the best. IMO.

True Patriots stay and fight the good fight! Of course, let's put this into perspective, we ARE talking about gasoline here.

You are correct, and yes, we need to put this into perspective. Gasoline is a modern day necessity and is taxed at about #35%. Tea is and was a luxury and a 3% tax started the "Boston Tea Party".

Well, if the govt. does not regulate, then who will?

It is not the responsibility of OUR govt. to regulate US. It is OUR responsibility to regulate IT.
(Our govt. responsibility is to protect us and to help settle disputes that we cannot settle ourselves.

and even though our govt. is not perfect, it is much better than other any other country.
That is because we have in the past had the right and the ability to challenge it. That right and ability is fast disappearing.

Well, we can challenge our govt. anytime we feel like it. I guess my point is that after seeing how other people suffer in many other countries, things like paying taxes is not so bad. I do have to say that I would gladly change many things in our current govt. Many things need change (health care, availability of jobs, and so on), but even with all those problems, we still have enough to eat, a chance to get a good education, and health care for those who need it (as crappy as it may be). Compared toother nations, like Romania, for example, we are in heaven. I just watched a report on CBS where little boys prostitute themselves to make a living. There is this giant problem that I never knew existed. Sure there is prostitutes in the US, but I would like to think that kids aren't involved in that here. I don't remember the exact figures, but I beleive it was something like 350 thousand kids are living in the streets. Now that is sad.Hell, go to Mexico, and see how some people are still living out of houses made of cardboard. I totally understand your argument, and I actually agree with you. We should stand up for what we beleive in. That is our right. We should challenge the govt if we think it is not doing its job, but we should also see the big picture and make sure that we are not going to harm ourselves. Unlimited or untaxed fuel would be a horrible thing for our country. simple as that. We would use it up way too fast, and we would be stuck wheeling with an electric Jeep. With my luck, i'd short out my Jeep in the first puddle I hit. -al

One of my work trucks is a dual fuel using propane, I love the propane, with the 5.7L triton I still get over three driving hours to a tank of propane with absolutely no difference in performance between the propane and the unleaded. The only thing that is a hassle is that you have to stop and turn the truck off before switching between gas and propane.

Back