Gear Question

dick_wilderness

Do you think I would be ok for a couple months ( 2-3 ) with 33's and stock 3.73 gears?

Also If I do the rear gears (4.11's) do I have to do the front?

Also how will this affect highway driving? Worse gas milage I assume.

You'll be fine. I know people running 33s with 3.07:1s. You may be pleasantly surprised with the 3.73 and 33" tire and put off the swap longer than you think.

You have to do the front when you do the back or the transfer case will bind up when in four wheel drive.

Going from 3.73's to 4.10's really isn't even worth the effort and expense for what little difference you will see. If you 2.72's or 3.07's definately, but not much difference in a 4.10 and a 3.73....

i would certainly say to keep the 373... especially if you have an automatic.. the torque converter will take care of the torque issue

extremely helpful as usual!!!!

thanks again.

now that that is settled, would anybody happen to know the backspacing i need to look for to fit 33's.

stock rubs for sure.

chris

No matter what you do up in the great Commenwealth of PA, make sure you still conform to the inspection laws....remember.....some shops up there adhere to the new rules, wich say that no tire may hang out past the flare, and no after market flare may exeed the factory length.

Consider yourself luck man!!

I turn 33's with 307's

Going to a 4.56:1 gear will definalty make a difference, but in 5th on the highway you will be revving up around 2200 rpms at 60mph.

as for the backspacing question... it depends on the width of the 33s...

Back