George Orwell was only off by 20 years....

FS VERY LOW MILEAGE 1982 CJ-8 SCRAMBLER

NOT GOOD! I strongly dissagree on this issue. Yes it has a good side to it, but that side doesn't out weigh the negative in my opinion. To me it sounds like the end of times getting closer. I could go on and on about it, but no one wants to hear me rant....Mikey

What if I told you that this had been predicted 2000 years ago?

Revelation 13:16 "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

What is even more wild is that when you look up in the old Greek language the word that "mark" was translated from has a definition of etched metal of something being stamped. Just the way computer chips are made.......

Credit card companies are already testing implanting biochips, like your dog or cat can get to be used to prevent fraud. Most people are way too spooked to move into a cashless marketplace. But face it. Pretty soon personal checks will be a thing of the past with the new check debit cards.

90Xjay said:

Revelation 13:16 "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

What is even more wild is that when you look up in the old Greek language the word that "mark" was translated from has a definition of etched metal of something being stamped. Just the way computer chips are made.......

Credit card companies are already testing implanting biochips, like your dog or cat can get to be used to prevent fraud. Most people are way too spooked to move into a cashless marketplace. But face it. Pretty soon personal checks will be a thing of the past with the new check debit cards.
My thoughts exactly, It reminds me of a one nation world, next they will be pushing the Euro more and more.

I knew it was inevitable, I just didn't think it would be this soon. In 10 years it will be a commonplace practice - in 20 credit cards, checks, etc will be a thing of the past. So will drivers licenses, etc (the paper kind). It is both good and bad - but I think the bad outweighs the good in the long run.

So, it isn't a file of information. It is a barcode, or an electronic serial # that allows a reference to the files.

Hitler liked that idea.

I will die before someone implants a chip, barcode, or any kind of electronic device in me. Why not use thumbprints or retina scans instead? That stuff is pretty freaky.

Makes me wonder after hearing Bush's remark during the debate when he stated that the medical field was not modernized enough with regard to storing records and sharing information.

TwistedCopper said:
Makes me wonder after hearing Bush's remark during the debate when he stated that the medical field was not modernized enough with regard to storing records and sharing information.

He's right on that one. They are in the stone ages when it comes to record storage and sharing. I'm not real big on the implanted chip though. It has lots of genuine good used,a dn quite a few bad ones when it is abused.

I doubt one chip would hold all the info John Asscrack would want you to be FORCED to share. When it comes to this topic, or any close to it, I'd like to kick Bush in the nuts.

seen minority report with tom cruise? this reminds me of the part where he has his eyes switched out on the black market so that he cant be located. and remember in the beginning, everytime he walks by a billboard, it addresses him personally.....spooky

Junkpile said:
I doubt one chip would hold all the info John Asscrack would want you to be FORCED to share. When it comes to this topic, or any close to it, I'd like to kick Bush in the nuts.

The chip holds no info, it is simply a serial number which is then looked up in a database.

Junkpile said:

I'm wit-cha on that one. It is the electronic serial #. The info would be stored elsewhere, the serial# would identify their file.

Think about it, if a chip like that were used as an ID card, it could be used everywhere. TO pay for your groceries, to ID yourself at a bank, to ID youself on election day. Your world could come to a stop if someone flagged you for some reason.

Bad things man.

I'm with all of you that this is very bad stuff.
But think of how the country was before the depression. Nobody had Social Security Numbers, they did not exist. Then the depression hits, people starve for a few years and now Uncle Sugar comes out with this SSAN system and promises " chicken in every pot"

Read your history books, people lined up by the hundreds just to get a number and card issued. They wanted to feel secure. Like someone was going to take care of them.

All it will take is for some planned or unplanned disaster, financial or environmental/medical and people will willingly come in and get a chip implant along with the anthrax injection or whatever the case may be.

And if you refuse, you either risk sickness and death or not being able to access your money or buy or sell. A one world currency is closer than you think. Take a look at your paper currency right now.
They are not "Dollars" they are called "Federal Reserve Notes" It is just a slip of paper saying that the USA owes the Federal Reserve money and promises to pay it back with interest. Our monetary system is alot more unstable than many of us realize.

90Xjay said:
I'm with all of you that this is very bad stuff.
But think of how the country was before the depression. Nobody had Social Security Numbers, they did not exist. Then the depression hits, people starve for a few years and now Uncle Sugar comes out with this SSAN system and promises " chicken in every pot"

Read your history books, people lined up by the hundreds just to get a number and card issued. They wanted to feel secure. Like someone was going to take care of them.

All it will take is for some planned or unplanned disaster, financial or environmental/medical and people will willingly come in and get a chip implant along with the anthrax injection or whatever the case may be.

And if you refuse, you either risk sickness and death or not being able to access your money or buy or sell. A one world currency is closer than you think. Take a look at your paper currency right now.
They are not "Dollars" they are called "Federal Reserve Notes" It is just a slip of paper saying that the USA owes the Federal Reserve money and promises to pay it back with interest. Our monetary system is alot more unstable than many of us realize.

Although I agree with everything you wrote, it should be noted that paper money is merely paper and valueless. This is why they are "fed Res notes". They do actually still have "dollar" or "dollars" written on them to indicate the value. This is why coins, which are suppesed to be worth their weight in copper or silver do not. Coins, however, are now partially or mostly zinc because the value of the metals are higher than they used to be. The true value of the metal fluctuates daily so they are really just tokens rather than actual money.

All that said, you are right. The paper money we hold would be valueless in the event our government or country perished. The only real way to hold valuable, exhangeable currency would be precious metals or stones (gold, diamonds) or tradeable goods. But who does that? Practically no one, so we depend on the "Uncle Sugar" you referred to. Ugh.

I'm with you on that one Tug. There was a thread on the flu shot last year. I thought I was the only one on here who would not get one.

Daily Show's Jon Stewart vs CNN

Me neither. Never had a flu shot, probably never will.

In order for someone to implant a chip under my skin, they will have to do it by force.

90Xjay said:

Do we really have to start counting the contradictions in the bible?

Wow, talk about cynical and paranoid. Are you really afraid of "check cards"?

And about the whole chip thing the Gov't would be hard pressed to pass a law that required you to inject a microchip into your arm. Besides if it saves even 1 life would it not be worth it?

Biggest tires on a '89 Laredo..?

Besides if it saves even 1 life would it not be worth it?

That question is responsible for more useless, invasive, and un-American legislation than you could even count. The answer is NO.

Back