Gerbils, anyone?

RenegadeChic77

WHICH IS BETTER- old or new?

hey does anyone have gerbils? j/w cause i had one from a baby for about a year and a half, then it died mysteriously. It had been getting out of its cage a lot, so I fixed the lid so it couldnt get out (dont worry it could still breath- the whole lid was screen) anyways, when i went upstairs it was in a coma!!! then it died later that night---- anyone ever had something like that happen to you?
well the i burried the critter when it died, and just recently one of my 4 dogs dug it up! EW!!!!
yeah i have 4 dogs- a german shepherd/coyote (really sweet) a german shephard husky a australian shepherd/collie and a golden lab/something puppyy

Gerbils don't live very long first of all. Secondly, did you happen to change the bedding recently, maybe to something new, I mean a different kind of bedding that you normally don't use?

It may have had some sort of disease...since your dog ate it you will never know!! but you can narrow it down...

haha yeah im not too worriedabout it-nope, nothing is different same bedding (freshly changed, though) and food n fresh water.... i think it was just its tme, i just want to know if all gerbils usually have a coma before they die

Poor little guy. Got it in life and in death. What did you seal the cage with? Maybe it was a chemical thing from whatever it is you used. Tape can also be toxic to those poor little balls of hair.

Poor poor little gerbil dude! :cry:

Did anyone watch the History Channel last night

well the original lid was screen covering the top of the aquarium held down by a metal frame- i just tied the frame to the screen with thread...

Back