Getting through the emissions test

Im glad you figured this out and could put it behind you. Yes a lot was learned and next issue you have a better idea on how it works so resolving it will be easier.

Study hard for your test!!! :-/

Wish i could tell why your pic doesn't load? Are you on the web page or an app? I-phone or android?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

TODAY IS THE DAY IT PASSED ITS TEST, FINALLY.

It took a lot of getting there with a lot of false starts on the way. The printout on the emissions test said 0% CO and 1.007% Lambda. They seemed very happy with that.
The biggest lesson learnt is that a catalyst does not last forever. I totally missed that one and changed virtually everything else, probably unnecessarily.
I still have to find out why the ECU is not energising the aux. fan relay. I now have a manual switch. Any suggestions on that would be welcome.

Re the missing pictures. I am on Windows on the website on a laptop. It used to work, then something changed.

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. Your help is appreciated. I shall be raising a glass of vino later.
Best regards from Spain. Mike

Back at you with a glass of merlot.
Salud!!!

!!!Bien Hecho!!!

Back at you with a glass of merlot.
Salud!!!

!!!Bien Hecho!!!

Muchas gracias. Mike

The next project may be the water pump on the Sebring 2.7 convertible. It's loosing a bit of coolant and they are known to leak and/or dump all the water into the oil. Some fool decided to bury the pump in the middle of the engine and drive it with the timing chain. I would have him shot for that. Didn't know this when I bought it.

1994 Jeep Cherokee OBD port should be located under the hood on the passenger?s side next to the powertrain control module (PCM).

the gage works off a different sensor, if i remember right. i think its sensor is at the back of the head, top on the usa driver side. the sensor for the fan is located in the radiator or thermostat housing, i just cannot remember which. edit: google seems to say the fan sensor is the one in the thermostat housing

Back