Goin' back to colo, colo, colo...

Special_K

FINALLY SOLD!!!!96' 4.0 motor STEAL IT!!!!

I've determined today as I was flying from Boise to Denver that I'm definintely moving back to Colorado. The only question now is...when?

I've been contemplating it for months (if not years) but I think I've come to a conclusion today. Atlanta's okay, BUT its just okay to me. I LOVE Colorado.

Sorry Mingez, but I'll HAVE to become an Avalanche fan once that happens. :twisted: I just have some unfinished business that I need to complete so, unfortunately, it could be several months before I actually make the move. :cry: ...but it's gonna happen.

So there.

patrick roy was one of my favorite players ever. nerves of steel when it mattered the most. and adam foote has since become my favorite, i still remember back in the playoffs against the red wings in the late 90's that time where he got his forehead shoved into the glass, and when he got up it was just like a faucet of blood coming from his forehead.

god, regardless of your feelings on either team, nobody can dispute how incredible those detroit-colorado playoff series were back during the rivalry days. boy did i miss the NHL playoffs this year, i cant wait. lets just skip the regular season and get to the best, most exciting and most grueling playoffs any sport has to offer.

RE: On the road again

:D Hey buddy, we'll be neighbors!!! I'm moving back soon. (rad tech school)
We should wheel!!! It'll be cool to know another person up there. Are you gonna live in Denver?
Keep me informed... I plan on moving up early '06

As for the Av's... ARE YOU DRUNK? There are few evils more dastardly than the putrid slime that inhabits the Pepsi Center.

From bad to worst it goes:
ebola virus
sludge
Crap
Toxic waste
The French
The Lakers
Baby rapists
The French
The Av's
Al Queda
The Dallas Cowboys

And Roy, screw him. He can take a flying leap. I'll always despise that bastard. My favorite play is still the deke Jeremy Roenick did to him in the playoff series between the Av's and Chicago. That goes for any other Av too!

If I score some tickets I'll let you know. I'll go to an Av's game, but I'll wear my Sharks Jersey and curse the locals (they're soft and won't do anything...trust me, I know) :twisted:

RE: Goin

CO is awsome. I dont blame you at all. I was really thinking about moving there instead of South FL. Good luck with the move.

RE: Goin

If I could make the money I do down here in S. Fl in Colorado I would be there in a heart beat! I love that place! Skiiing, jeeping, hiking, hunting, seasons!

Trade the CJ for a Rubi??

Hell, everybody is moving there that's why it getting so crowded. Hope there's going to be enough water but there's always beer.

RE: On the road again

Sparky-Watts said:
Come on Mingez....don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!

I'm sorta kidding...

Maybe Crap, and the ebola virus don't deserve to be on that list. :twisted:

Re: RE: Goin

what about the 93 playoffs, 10 overtime victories. say what you want about him, but patrick roy is without a doubt the best money/clutch goaltender of all time. and i remember the roenick times, there was also the comment by roy that "i cant hear jeremy because i have my two stanley cup rings stuck in my ears."

Some more stroker q's

bchcky said:
what about the 93 playoffs, 10 overtime victories. say what you want about him, but patrick roy is without a doubt the best money/clutch goaltender of all time. and i remember the roenick times, there was also the comment by roy that "i cant hear jeremy because i have my two stanley cup rings stuck in my ears."

Did I say he sucked? No. I said: "Screw him." I never denied he's a good goalie, but to be fair, he's rarely played on a team that sucked. Good teams = many playoff appearances. Would he have been in so many appearances with the Blue Jackets or the Thrashers? I think not.

If you want to talk titles than let's talk Yankees (although baseball barely constitutes a sport in my book) Many great Yankee ball players were on championship teams. And on those teams were many great players. And inspite of the fact that many Yankees are good ball players, I'm sure you still dislike many (if not all) of them. The Av's are my Yankees..and Roy is one of them. YOU of all people should understand that. HE will always be "The Enemy."

And as for Roy's: "i cant hear jeremy because i have my two stanley cup rings stuck in my ears." ... actions speak louder than words. And bringing up past glory when you get beat is resting on your laurels. For example, If I were to get crossed over in a basketball game at the gym I don't go saying "Well, I won the men's city league campionship 2 years in a row." I'd be a laughing stock, but for some reason all of Roy's fans thinks when he says it, it's cute. Something's rotten in Denmark.

Titles are won by teams, that deke was one on one, and Roenick made him look like a punk. We all like to see the Bad Guy lose, and he did... if not for just one deke. Ahhh...it was beautiful.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Goin

So Special K, where exactly in CO do you plan to live?

Death Wobble? More like Horrific Murder Wobble!

dont get me wrong, i love JR too. and i didnt mean that you had to like him, but he is the best money goalie ever.

the other thing is, yes, the 96 colorado team was stacked, and even the 2001 team where he won, but that 93 team in montreal was not. beyond the first line they were patchwork at best. HE is the only reason they won the cup that year. if you dont believe me look at the stats. and in 86 too, sure they had claude lemieux and chris chelios, but they werent exactly a power house team that year either. his first two cups, both with montreal, were due to his spectacular play in net when it counted the most. the colorado ones were a result of good all around teams, but i'm sure having him in net didnt hurt. like in 96, when super joe had 18 goals, he was unconscious.

all that said, we can argue all we want, but at least we agree on one thing, thank god hockey is back. boy did i miss the playoffs.

Wanna feel smarter?

mingez said:
So Special K, where exactly in CO do you plan to live?

There's this really cool Blue Spruce tree that I saw last time I was in Colorado, so I think I'd like to live close to that tree...or one like it.

JK. Basically, I dunno yet. Maybe Boulder/Outskirts of Denver, C-Springs, Castle Rock. I'll figure it out.

But I claim divs over the other new arrivals because I used to live there...all the newbies moving in over the last several years are all posers <those bastaads!!!!>, I'm closer to a native. :twisted: I liked Colorado (and Boulder) before to many other people seemingly discovered in the last 10 years.

bchcky said:
all that said, we can argue all we want, but at least we agree on one thing, thank god hockey is back. boy did i miss the playoffs.

True dat.

I'll give Roy the first Montreal team. But He almost LOST the Stanley cup Borque-Avalanche run. He has a tendency to come out of net too much in situations that don't require it. He isn't a Hasek type goalie, he should stick to his style: play the odds with positioning. That's why he was so good...and why I HATE him so darn much. Well, that and the whole incident where he broke down a door going after his wife. Of which he was "Av-solved." Talk to most DPD officers and they know the real deal there.

But my point was to convey that if Patrick Roy was a urinal cake, I'd be drinking about 4 gallons of coffee right about now.

Speaking of Hockey news:
Have you heard about the rumors of JR to Detroit for Shannahan?

Attention all in OHIO

the latest reports are that if forsberg does not remain with the av's, he would like to play with naslund somewhere. i pity the opposing defense that has to play against a line with forsberg and markus naslund on it. thats pretty much unfair.

X's fingers and prays:

Please let it be the Sharks.....

Clutch problems

Forsberg, Shanahan, Naslund...what about Special_K?

This post was all about ME!!!!

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEE!!!!

So let's all start talking about ME! ...right now!!

Only kidding. Just becuase I'm unstable doesn't mean I'm crazy. :)

And Mingez, so I don't come across like such a distant fart, if I started looking today, I'd honestly start in the Boulder area (that's my single most favoritest area). I don't know if the crowds have ruined the charm though. Once I start looking, I'll still consider a number of areas all the way down to C-Springs though.

As for Forsberg, a few weeks ago, I broke a $70 Forsberg composite hockey blade after only using it for just over a week. :evil: Glad I didn't get the one piece stick for twice that amount. Forsberg (or Easton) owes me 70 bucks!! :roll:

As for any theorhetical Naslund/Forsberg combo, I'd like to see 'em in Phoenix or Denver. I would say Atlanta if I were planning on staying over the long run.

RE: Trade the CJ for a Rubi??

Hahahaha... you distant fart.

Yeah, i'm a city boy who likes the outdoors. So, I like to be in the heart of downtown. If I had my druthers, I'd move to wash park or capital hill areas. Anywhere north of 6th, south of 12th, and east of broadway is awesome. Cheeseman, congress, and city park areas are nice too.

But I'll most likely live in Lakewood, where housing is cheaper and I can get a garage. Very important of course. Problem with being out of Denver proper is that you get a ton of mullets.

I've also been looking into Englewood and North Littleton. You just have to make sure you have your kevlar, (lots of teenage caucasian kids in trench coats out there) Bad Joke.

As for your wanting to be away from crowds and such, you might try Golden and in and around that area. Maybe Morrison? Still close enough to civilization and actually closer to Downtown denver than Boulder. I hate the commute from Boulder, via 36, I-25, federal whatever. It takes forever to go anywhere.

On my last trip, to go from downtown Denver to 107th, we are talking 2.5 hours....2.5!!! Denver is only 2.2 million... that distance for that amount of time = California numbers. Just terrible. For me, I have to avoid living north of the I-25 and I-70 bottleneck. or south of the DTC bottleneck.

So, I'll be around to meet ya if you are up there post January 06!

special_k breaking those things sucks! hockey stuff is so expensive these days. i broke one of the one piece nike apollo's a few months ago, snapped it clean in two on a slapshot. a lot of people don't like those, but i loved it, it was a great stick. so i went out and spent another $140 on a new one! after going one piece, you cant go back. my other stick is a z-bubble, great stick, but i just cant get the feel for it anymore. it always feels like the blade is going to come loose or something, even though i know i got it in there good.

Back