Gone for a while... (But now, I am back!!!)

Saurian

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Name That Jeep

Usually good about checkin in every night or so, but I'm gonna be gone on a trip to Lansing (Michigan's Capitol) for the next week, my place of work bumped up the trip, calling me at 2:00 Sunday morning to tell me that I would be going out there this Monday, as in 24 hours from then...

So, I'll be gone all week training at Logan's Roadhouse, Lansing, all things hopeful, when I return, I will be the certified, and full-time meatcutter for the Troy store (where I work now)

Keep your fingers crossed for me and my training, and I'll catch you all in a week :) I'll miss you all till then. Stay safe, and keep Jeepin.

RE: Tug Checking in!

Man, are you gonna have some reading to do when you get back!! Best of luck to ya'!!

A meat cutting fool at a steakhouse. I think I could add a couple of words and make a "larry the cable guy" joke out of that but I won't since your a friendly fellow jeeper. lol Congrats on the training and good luck! We will miss ya but see ya when you get back.

Heather

...I'm back, but I left my thumb in Lansing...

Just kiddin...

So, I've a couple days off, though I have to go and take care of being reimbursed for the small fortune in gas and food that I had to purchase over the course of the week (because of course, gas went up AGAIN)... All went very well. I have a good grasp on the various products, and how to turn them from amourphous hunks and logs of meat, into delicious aged steaks... It's pretty horrible, some of the stuff I've gotta do (can we say "Spinal Cord Scraper", for example?), but it's really not an issue... And here is me, the 75% vegetables eater slicing and dicing amongst the blood, tissues, and various odds and ends... It's kinda fun, though... Just gotta be really careful around the band saw... And that's not an easy task... All meats are first cut into slabs on the band saw, then portioned and trimmed into the weights and specs that they need to be...

A pine 2X4 is one thing. That's easy to manuver on a band saw... Try something flabby and misshapen, that feels kind of like a bag of jello... Not easy... But apparantly, I am good at it.

So, I get a couple days off, then I go on as the full time meatcutter on Tuesday. Till then, it's hopefully installing the tow-hooks onto the grille guard, and I am desperately in need of an oil change, and if I have the materials stocked, the diffs and transfer case are due as well... This will relax me. I think this change of pace will be nice... I like the cold, and I work well in solitude. So, 35 degrees with my radio to keep me company is right up my alley... Looks like I have a good night of reading ahead of me... Great to be back home, and back online...

RE: Let

Well, while your back, check out the new chat. It displays who's in on the upper left of every page.

Ooh, just noticed that... Thanks... Should be on for a little while...

Back