got a lift for a steal! finally, now I need shocks!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator

I finally got a lift, and of all places, ebay! No not a rough country or those shady 4 inch lift shackles. It is a superlift kit and is 96% complete. Here was what the auction said

4" System Features: Four SOFTRIDE® Multileaf springs Front and rear E-coated U-bolts Front and rear track bar brackets Equipment: Bump stop spacers Drop pitman arm Front double disconnect sway bar end links Extended D.O.T. / T.U.V. approved stainless steel braided brake lines Steering stabilizer Tubular transfer case lowering kit H-Duty 1.250" D.O.M. swedged drag link tube THIS LIFT KIT HAS NEVER BEEN USED STILL IN THERE BOXES. SORRY DOES NOT HAVE ANY SHOCKS!!!! HAPPY BIDDING :)

I am also going to get 1/4 greasable lift shackles so it will be a couple till installed but I am so worked up, can't wait to get this on and drive around with my factory sized tires (In proccess of buying house, no money, little at a time, and don't tell the wife hehe)

B]I DO NEED SHOCKS DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OPINIONS?[/B]

Had Rancho rs5000 on my K5 blazer and for the price, I thought they were nothing special compared to the bilsteins prior to them.[addsig]

I ment skyjacker lift, sorry so giddy with excitment![addsig]

well, if you just need 4 shocks, check out... ebay! haha... there's probably some stuff on there...

i like my rusty's hydros shocks that came with my 3" rusty XJ kit... they're pretty nice...[addsig]

i've always been QUITE happy with autozone shocks... if you don't go for the $0.04 shocks... and put a few dollars out... you still save much over the expensive name branders with the same ride... they work just great[addsig]

Ya, $15 parts store shocks are good, as long as you get Hydraulic. You'll need extended and compressed lengths.[addsig]

I know, I had the RS5000's on my K5 and like I said, not worth the money. I was just interested in some feed back on other models. I do not trust any autozone brand products, had bad experience. I am more loyal to napa brand parts. (not the store itself, just there brand parts) Does anyone have experience with remote resivour, shocks (warn, edelbrock, etc) More out of curiosity, really can't afford them! [addsig]

Back