Got a question..

TWoodJeepin

Currently have a 12" sub and an amp. It's starting to get hot out and it's just about time to drop the top and lose the doors, but what is a good way to secure my subwoofer? Keep in mind my backseat isn't in anymore. I almost wanna make the whole back area a trunk but don't know how and don't have the people to help me plus I would want it to be waterproof. Let me know what you guys think please!

You could face the subs down and then bolt them from the bottom of the tub up words So that they can't be lifted out

But if I had the top off and got rained on wouldn't it still get ruined and I thought about taking the speaker out and then screwing it to the floor from the inside then putting the speaker back in but my solution still doesn't fix the whole waterproof issue. Lol

Take the sub out, problem solved. As with anything valuable you leave in an open top/soft top vehicle, it is pretty much free game to anyone that sees it and/or wants it.

When I had a sub in my jeep oh so many years back, I had it wedged between the rear seat and the tailgate, then I built a shelf of sorts that made a little trunk area, with the tailgate locked the area behind the seat was not accessable and the sub could not be removed. My rear seat was not foldable so this might be different for your application.

^^exactly^^ anything left in a vehicle can and will be stolen.

You can get weatherproof speakers and get them permanently mounted, yet hidden. Or better yet, go with headphones because not everyone wants to listen to what you're playing (tired of hearing La Cucaracha music all hours of the day/night)

I bought an amp, and mounted it on top of the heater box.
you can drive it with an MP3 player, portable...
Wedge 6X9 speakers bolted behind the front seats, on wheel well.
Mine will blast me out, and nothing to steal.

Back