got the new ammo can, 81mm!!

superj

ok, i found the ultimate ammo can for behind the rear seat. i already have two different sized ones that left me lots of room back there but i got tires of not having a large storage area. i also have one in the engine bay replacing ym stock jack mount but using a worked mounting plate.

this is what i bought to go in the back now.
that box is an 80mm ammo can. its not bolted down because i was test fitting but it fits right in. i am going to lift the rear seat about 4 inches because the kids say their legs get sore from being bent so much so i will have even more room after that.

20110331175739-1.jpg

i am torn on removing hte two original ones or just mounting this between them and have three seperate storage areas. the original ones cannot be opened when the tail gate is locked because the tail gate blocks the release handles. the new box will also be locked when the tail gate is closed because of hte same thing.

well ya, its not mounted yet. its just sitting in there on the seat belt mounting bolts. i am going to paint it and i have to paint the other two also.

i wanted something like those boxes you see in the bed of trucks so i can put some larger items in there and not worry about them being taken or becoming a projectile in an accident. this box will work perfect.

thats cool man you can still stack stuff on top too. im gonna start looking for one myself.

Its a really good size. I am happy I found it.

That's going to look really good when you get them all painted to match! I would leave the other two for sure!

It looks wedged in nice between the other ammo cans, great find!

Ya, I couldn't believe how perfectly it fit. I thought I was going to have to choose one of the small ones to use with the big one

superj do the top handles on the small cans rattle? they look like they would i was just gonna cut em off.i guess i probably wouldnt hear them over all the other rattles i have anyway but just wondering.

If they do, I haven't hear them. I have a hardtop and full doors too so I don't have a lot of wind noise like the soft top guys

ok, its got 3 of 4 bolts in it and i had to close up for a soccer game. i also used an old tj bumper to make some lift mounts tp raise the rear seat.

20110402115431-1.jpg

20110402115447-1.jpg

when i get home from the game, i will make the rear mounts for the seat and put the last bolt in the 81mm ammo can

ok, got back and ended up putting a few more bolts in the larger can to square up the spaces between the right can and the center can. everything came out super and now i have so much room, i don;t know what to put in the big ammo can.

20110402182529-1.jpg

20110402182543-1.jpg

the box on the right has my tie straps and 100" synthetic rope that i use for emergency strapping or anything out of the ordinary. the box on the left has packages of bolts and nuts, mag light, bug spray, electrical tape, and things of that nature. the center big box, you can see whats in that and i have tons of room left over

Thanks. Since I am not doing the lifts and normal jeep stuff, I am going to have to do the out of sight stuff

Glad I finished this yesterday, went trail riding today and some of the truck guys wenr in the mud and got stuck. Since these were installed, I had all my slise in hooks and ropes

Glad I finished this yesterday, went trail riding today and some of the truck guys wenr in the mud and got stuck. Since these were installed, I had all my slise in hooks and ropes

Ok, good. Replace the "wenr", "hte", and "slise" bearings, and we are all set.

Sorry, just kidding.

Chierz,

Robert

i know. i hate typing on touch screen computers. no matter what i do, it puts other letters in the words

Back