Hard Top touch up paint?

RudeDog

Trying to locate touch up paint for a 2004 Wrangler Rubicon. It's a Grayish color. Checked by Vin number at the dealer, only the body color is listed, nothing on the hard top?

A lot of guys touch up their tops with Krylon “Fusion” but having said that it is important to remember that your top has been exposed to the elements for the last seven years or so and most likely has weathered and not the same shade it was when it left the factory. Even if you did have a paint code number the whole top will probably need to be sprayed anyway.

Krylon Fusion? Would that be an Aerosol can... you do the old spray it into the cap and use an artist brush to apply? I understand the fading, and am okay with just getting as close as possible. Right now you see the "Bright" white plastic hardtop shell where the paint has been scratched or chipped off.

I had the same problem..I went with line X bedliner. Normally about $400.

Krylon Fusion? Would that be an Aerosol can... you do the old spray it into the cap and use an artist brush to apply? I understand the fading, and am okay with just getting as close as possible. Right now you see the "Bright" white plastic hardtop shell where the paint has been scratched or chipped off.

You could spray a little into the cap and use a small paint brush to dab the white spots and yes you can paint the whole top from a rattle can just apply it in thin coats.

Re: Hard Top touch up paint 2004 Wrangler?

Update: poking around on Ebay and found an add for a dealer in Ariz selling black touch up. Called to see if they had more knowledge of colors for years Etc :idea:. They agreed 04 Vin doesn't offer the hard top color. They mentioned they didn't see a Grey, but did see a Dark Kacky coded for 2007 & up. Ordered it and Waa-La... :shock: It covered up the white area's where the paint was gone, and looks mo betta. The ole Rubicon even wagged it's whip (tail). :lol:

Back