has anyone read the letter micheal moore wrote to bush?

RE: Cool Front Bumper for a CJ

I admire anyone who will state their case without worrying about financial gain.
I think he knew before, during, and after any of his films that he would be richer for having made them.

As for the litigation aspect, a sitting president can't go after a film maker... Even if he had legal options, think of the political effect. The conversation would then be that Bush is trying to silence his critics.

I'm not trying to stick up for W here. I am no Bush fan or hater. He has is ups and downs just like any leader. I do hate people like Michael Moore and Jesse Jackson who always cast themselves into the center of a controversy and make their protest as much about themselves as the issue they claim to be so concerned about.

Sparky,

We agree that NO had no viable Disaster Prep plan. They were not prepared and did little or nothing to get prepared over the last 20 years.

I would not choose to live in a city like that where the leaders refuse to take steps to prepare for problems and save lives, esp when the city if below sea level. Some people choose to live there and then REFUSE to leave when ordered to evacuate and the officials do not use resources like all of those buses to at least try and get them out.

As for President Bush, and the Feds..... I think that mostly, the Homeland Security office is just a waste of time and money. But I am not going to stand by and wait for the Federal Gov't to save my life, we have to take charge of our own responsibilities and think for ourself.

The mayor and the governer here did not do enough within their own power to protect the very people who elected them.

jay79cj7 said:
I admire anyone who will state their case without worrying about financial gain.
I think he knew before, during, and after any of his films that he would be richer for having made them.

Ya think so? :lol:

How did I miss this one? Guess I was too busy in the Sheehan thread...(BTW still 2 entries in there nobody responded to)

And when our cities would rather spend their money on vodoo stores and mardi gras parades and don't take precautions to protect the citizens, blame the prez.

Hey hey hey, that parade is a money-maker in NO. Or was. If anything it afforded the city what they needed, they just didn't put it to good use. Let's not be critical of anything which allows mingez to see nude women for some plastic trinkets. Shame on you!
DSCF0052-5.jpg

Quote:
And when our cities would rather spend their money on vodoo stores and mardi gras parades and don't take precautions to protect the citizens, blame the prez.

Hey hey hey, that parade is a money-maker in NO. Or was. If anything it afforded the city what they needed, they just didn't put it to good use. Let's not be critical of anything which allows mingez to see nude women for some plastic trinkets. Shame on you!

You sir, are a steely-eye missle man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cherish those memories, they seem fond to you, I looks like it will be years before things can begin to be "normal" for New Orleans.

90Xjay said:
I would not choose to live in a city like that where the leaders refuse to take steps to prepare for problems and save lives, esp when the city if below sea level.

How do you know what your city's disaster plan is like? Have you read it? Go down to city hall and request a copy of it. I think after this tragedy, everyone across America should be banging on the doors of city hall and asking for a copy of their disaster plan, just to be sure.

90Xjay said:
The mayor and the governer here did not do enough within their own power to protect the very people who elected them.

Nor did the president.....

Junkpile said:
This is pathetic.....even more than the lack of storm preparation on the part of SEVERAL departments. Our fellow Americans are going through the worst tragedy that they have ever seen and we sit around like drooling retards pointing the finger at each other while they still suffer. Politics wins over real life once again. :oops: :cry:

What more do you want me to do? Sunshine and I have donated all we can afford to the relief effort. I can't give blood anymore due to the meds I take (I was on my way to my 5-gallon pin when I had to quit). I served with the Red Cross's Disaster Relief Team for 5 years as a paramedic. Sunshine and I have been toying with the idea of both of us taking the training again to be on the DRT.

Would you rather we just swept it under the rug so that it can happen again? We need to fix the system NOW, not later!!

I resent being called a drooling retard......I don't drool!

Sparky-Watts wrote:
How do you know what your city's disaster plan is like? Have you read it?

Yes, and most all DPPs are alike in Texas.

Ours says, "In case of impending natual disaster, run like hell" :lol: :lol:

RE: Jeep "Patriot" and "Rally" Concepts

Junkpile said:
This is pathetic.....even more than the lack of storm preparation on the part of SEVERAL departments. Our fellow Americans are going through the worst tragedy that they have ever seen and we sit around like drooling retards pointing the finger at each other while they still suffer. Politics wins over real life once again. :oops: :cry:

actually junkpile, by sitting here debating and drooling like retards when we cant do anything else, we are correcting a lot of people's false ideas about what really happened, what was going on, and what the plan is. if it wasnt for us im sure more people would think micheal moore is a brilliant satirist, actually he may be, but hes still a shi* **ck in my opinion. also, were forming more opinions and reasons that will lead us into choosing our next governors, senators, presidents, etc, and will help some citizens become more active in the community by giving their input now instead of just sitting at home doing nothing when the next town meeting rolls around, some people are now gonna get up and go do something instead of nothing. we are making a difference wether its realized or not, and its in the ideas and theories we hold that makes the biggest difference in this country, because isnt it what we think that counts, and isnt it what we decide that makes the difference?

Well, to be honest, my comments were directed more towards people like Michael Moore (he is human, right?)......people who actually have some influence, for whatever reasons.

Really though, it's stupid to slow down and distract from the cleanup efforts just to point your finger and gain some political ground. There will come a time for the political side of the matter, right now we have other more important concerns to deal with. If you can't help out, shut the heck up and stay out of the way.

Sparky, as far as what I expect the average citizen to do about it.....you paid your taxes right? Take comfort in knowing that some of your tax dollars are going to a good cause this time. If you're able to do more than that, then do it.

OMG! I totally agree with TWISTED on something!! OMG call in the recorders and mark this DOWN!!!

Harry, thank you for this and saving me from having to write it: No and I won't. He's as much an idiot as he is a slob. I rank him right up there with Jesse Jackson.

I quite AGREE! What a lame excuse for a HUMAN BEING those two men are. They are so wrapped up on EXPOSING thier opinions and ideas and causing the masses to tune to thier way of thinking, they make me SICK.

I have rarely read a WORD either of them wrote. They both need some valium and prozac and someone please get the spotlight away from them while they are being diagnosed.

Where I come from they would be called Troublemakers, plain and simple.

I would rather pick the ear wax out of a hippo.

Heather

Junkpile said:
There will come a time for the political side of the matter, right now we have other more important concerns to deal with. If you can't help out, shut the heck up and stay out of the way.

Actually there are a couple of tropical depressions being watched as potential hurricanes right at this very second.

Which GPS?

The danger a larger than force-3 hurricane might pose to New Orleans has been documented since the 1920s.

Therefore, along with the current President, and a few living ex-presidents, we need to dig up the remains of a host of dead presidents and kick their bones too.

Here is a complete "blame" list:

Warren Gamaliel Harding

Calvin Coolidge

Herbert Clark Hoover

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Harry S. Truman

Dwight David Eisenhower

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Lyndon Baines Johnson

Richard Milhous Nixon

Gerald Rudolph Ford

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Wilson Reagan

George Herbert Walker Bush

Bill Clinton

George Walker Bush

The state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans blaming the Fed for this truly awful tragedy is analogous to building a home in Death Valley, California and then blaming the Fed for the lack of water.

Michael Moore is pond scum. No, I take that back. Michael Moore is lower than whale feces. No, I take that back. Michael Moore is ...

Regards,

Gadget

PS: Special kudos to the New Orleans police/prison official who stated (sneered) during a pre-hurricane interview that his prisoners would stay right where they are and would not be evacuated.

Same brain-dead police/prison official, by the way, who released said prisoners into the streets of New Orleans shortly after the hurricane.

What a tool!!!

and gadget is right on time with info no one would ever know unless he hadnt come into the discussion, the info gadget has knows no bounds... 8)

RE: Back to School

Ah, blame... a wonderful game that exposes the cowardly and leaves fault a bigger mystery.

BUT... if you think about it, we really have only the French to blame for building that disaster waiting to happen.

YEAH!!! LET'S BLAME THE FRENCH!!! :) I think if they rebuild N.O., which it appears they intend to, then they should re-name the "French Quarter" to "The Frog Leg" in protest to their bad idea.

Man I hope they don't get any more storms this season.

RE: To lighten the mood...

90Xjay said:
Sparky-Watts wrote:
How do you know what your city's disaster plan is like? Have you read it?

Yes, and most all DPPs are alike in Texas.

Ours says, "In case of impending natual disaster, run like hell" :lol: :lol:

See, now that's what I call a disaster plan!! :lol: :lol:

RE: fuel efficient 2.5L YJ???

I understand he is Pond Scum or worse in your eyes but please for my simple mind point out what lies are in the letter below! Thanks Tug Democrat

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town

IT is always the sitting president's fault that our large cities have poor people.

We know that all of those poor folks were rich back when Slick Willy was prez for 8 years....right?

RE: Are tj rims and yj rims interchangeable?

90Xjay said:
It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town

IT is always the sitting president's fault that our large cities have poor people.

We know that all of those poor folks were rich back when Slick Willy was prez for 8 years....right?

Where is the lie? He did not say it was Bushs fault, but what he said is It is not your fault. Bush has lost more jobs on his watch than any other president. He has run up a debt higher than any other president. As for the looking over the sholder and pointing the finger at the last president well that seems to be the standard answer of all republicans once on the matt. I know I was better off in the days of Clinton. But thats not what wants to heard. Where is the lie?

insane motorcycle video - homemade here in shippensburg, PA!

Tug-n-pull said:
90Xjay said:

Where is the lie? He did not say it was Bushs fault, but what he said is It is not your fault. Bush has lost more jobs on his watch than any other president. He has run up a debt higher than any other president. As for the looking over the sholder and pointing the finger at the last president well that seems to be the standard answer of all republicans once on the matt. I know I was better off in the days of Clinton. But thats not what wants to heard. Where is the lie?

Go get'em, Tug!! You're right on the mark, bud. I got yer back! :wink:

Back