Heater Box installed now what's this hole for?

Turbogus

HI folks saw this post from another site but not seen it anywhere here, what do you think?

DSCN3582-1.jpg

Notice the hole in the housing. A rubber hose is meant to snap in there, and go into the heater box...got one from a salvage yard (free!).

DSCN3583-1.jpg

DSCN3584-1.jpg

Where in the heater box does this hose go to? :-| I just did this upgrade and while the old motor had no hole and the new one does I need a lil guidance. Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid.

no idea. i cannot think of why one would need a hose to that area of the motor unless its just for cooling air?

It is for cooling. In the original installation, there would be a fitting on the box the blower mounts to where the hose would attach. This puts airflow to the back side of the motor to keep it cool.

It's just a vent for the motor. The tube is there just in case it's exposed to a posible water intrusion, then you can direct the tube to where water cannot enter the motor.

What we do up here is we run a t off that and run a hose to the distributor which creates a positive pressure and keeps water out. I've run mine completly submerged and its amazing. I ran my heater motor with out that on and it lasted about a month. There should be a small hole that goes back into the heater box.

Back