Help assembling a Quadratec TJ Windshield Replacement Kit?

fullmoonjewel

Hi, I have a 98 TJ that got slammed by another vehicle during an ice storm recently. Because it's 16 years old the insurance company totaled it, but we decided to go for the salvage title and fix it ourselves. Due to time constraints, I ordered a complete windshield/frame replacement kit from Quadratec rather than waiting the 4 weeks that jeepglass.com wanted to send me a fully assembled one. Problem is - the Quadratec kit didn't come with instructions of any kind and I can't seem to find any online. All I find on the forums are people saying it's dead easy. If we screw this up, it's going to be an expensive mistake. Can anyone please give me detailed step by step instructions for assembling this windshield/frame kit? Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

What comes in the kit? Is it just a frame, glass, and some tape, or is it more than that?

What comes in the kit? Is it just a frame, glass, and some tape, or is it more than that?

Here's the parts list:

1 Steel Windshield Frame Assembly
1 Windshield Glass
1 Windshield Cowl Rubber Seal
1 Glass Gasket
1 Reveal Molding
2 Urethane Sealant Adhesive Tubes

I tried asking Quadratec, but they said their manufacturer doesn't provide instructions.

Thanks!

Go to a windshield repair shop and see if someone will throw you some free advice on installation. Safelite repair, Safelite replace. Safelite free advice. Lol

Back