Help! My Jeep fell apart!

Wow. The rust is much. I still cannot see why it would not be an easy repair. This jeep can be repaired. People do body lifts all the time on jeeps. The body needs to be elevated about 3-5 inches to get in there and reinforce the frame. No need to put a new frame on it.
from your pictures I can tell you your looking at 10-15 hours of time and a few hundred bucks in metal.
i would look into your options. If it was mine I would figure the jeep will end up repaired and probably have a 3" body lift to accommodate the new framing I would build above the existing and through the middle of the existing frame.
i would soo be onto buying this if I wasn't in California. That's a nice jeep.

I posted It on Craigslist Philadephia and Reading PA. Sniffle..Sniffle...I am sure offers are going to pour in....hahhahaha..

I think those sections can be repaired. You would want the entire frame checked and replace all sections vs new frame.

Here is a link to replacement sections that could be welded

I agree, a good welder fabricator could fix ya up.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI. I have gotten about 50 emails about my Jeep. I realize that I couldn't replace it for anywhere near what I would get for it. I have gotten several offers. One guy stopped by and tried to talk me into keeping it. He said it's a great Jeep.. get it repaired!! I have gotten offers of 2 grand and 2200 and 2500 for this Jeep. Someone offered to repair that section of frame for me for $600 .. he says he's a certified welder and Jeep enthusiast. I am wondering if I shouldn't have it repaired? I was thinking around 2 grand for repair work... 600 surprised me. How do I know this person is any good? Do I just trust him to fix this for me? I did see the links you sent for the replacement part being around $280 bucks. The guy who told me my Jeep is so nice and fix it said I should go to Storks? Plows ... they part out Jeep and repair frame work all the time. I am so torn I don't know which way to go. I think 2500 is a good offer...and 600 to repair it is good too but I don't know anything about this guy and I am nervous about it. The headache I have had trying to find another car I would want and that is as nice looking as my Jeep has been awful. My husband said if I don't get another Jeep, he's getting one. He thinks I am going to regret it if I don't get another one.. Wrangler or Cherokee or whatever.

Why not get some quotes to have it fixed? Get in touch with some welders / fab shops local to you and ask if you can email pictures and get a ballpark estimate.

I wouldn't tow it all around town, but if you can get this fixed for under $1000 then it seems like the best option. Even if you are set on selling it you should probably get it fixed first.

If the repairs cost $3000 you'd still come out ahead getting it fixed.

I had to rebuild my frame also I went with Safe T Caps check out there web site it's a lot of work but if you like the jeep it's worth it !!! Really check frame over if one side is bad do both the other side is right behind for going bad !!

Last edited:
Well, after some long hard thinking we decided to let goof this Jeep. I am sure we will regret it, but it's being taken today.It's going to TruckAmmo... I had someone from this place inquire about It and hecame over and looked at it... really looked.

He knew we were on the fenceabout it. He said it's not just rusted through down there, the entireunderneath fell out... We asked him what he would charge to fix it and he saidhe would not even think about patching that frame. It's way too far gone. He wouldreplace the frame and that was that. The price was a little too steep for me. 4grand.

My husband said FIX IT. I said YOU fix it! 4 grand is a lotof money. What if the engine dies after we get it put on a new frame? I don'thave the kind of money to just play with it. This car was my every day driver.He said he would have it for a long time repairing it. He made me an offer forit which was pretty much around every one elses offers so I know it was areasonable offer. He told me that he buys these and repairs them, givesthem new paint and goodies and sells them. Makes sense. He told me thathe documents every car from start to finish on Facebook... has videos andeverything. He told me that if he bought it, I could watch it's transformationonline. I liked that, knowing it's not going to be parted out.

He has apretty nice shop.. I had no idea until I just looked on the web for it. TruckAmmo dot com. Check it out. So that is where my Jeep is going.At this very point in our lives I couldn't see spending 4 grand on it when it'sgot 200K miles on it. My husband is already looking for a new one online..newer than mine I mean. It wasn't an easy decision and I am sure we willbe kicking ourselves but it's not like there aren't any more Jeeps left in theworld.

I went out this morning in the dark at 530 am before work to say goodbye to her. Itold her that I loved her and thank you for all the years of fun and alwayskeeping me safe. I know, it sounds insane, but that is what I did.
I know she will be gone by the time I get home. So if anyone is interested youcould check out their Facebook page and watch and see what happens with mybeloved Jeep!! I told him that we may like it so much, we may buy it back!! Hetold me that the last one he did he lifted it and painted it the new Jeeporange color..and put the new Jeep wheels on it?? and it looks like a new onebut it's NOT.

I don't know but I would assume mine will be painted? I don'tknow but at least I can see it online and watch it's progress. Hunks of my framewere literally falling in the grass and he said my control arm is snappedthrough. Glad that didn't snap through while I was driving..... so Iguess I am lucky. Lucky to have not been in an accident and lucky that I hadthat Jeep for so many years. I really had fun with it. It always made mefeel better when I was having a crappy day....Who will I wave to now???!!! Myhusband saw this one on Craigslist... garage kept, I think it was a 2000.GORGEOUS..white.. he said JUST GET THAT ONE!!!! I said YOU get thatone! I am just so tired of driving stick every day. If I could get thatone and a little beater to get back and forth to work that would be great... weshall see... Thanks again everyone for all the help and advice and times youalways got me out of my Jeep Jams. I appreciate it.....I will give you myfinal WAVE!!

Back