Help. P0610 code

Bobdown

Hello. I recently purchased pa Jeep Cherokee 2007 2.8 CRD issues.
I can’t get it to run. I put a OBD 11
Reader on it & came up with P2294 code. I cleared the code & then got P0610. I can’t seem to get rid of this & it won’t start. I’m an amputee & desperately need help with this one. Has anyone got any advice. Thank you.

Try resetting the codes first.

Disconnect the POSITIVE battery Terminal and touch it to ground for 30 seconds to discharge the PCM capacitors, which maintain the Adaptive Memory.
Reconnect the Battery Cable.
Turn Ignition Switch to the “On” position but DO NOT start the engine.
Turn Headlight On.
Turn Headlights Off.
Turn Ignition Key Off.

See if it starts and doesn’t come back.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

P0610 is a code due to bad connections. If resetting codes do not clear disconnect battery and reset connections to the PCM.
P2294 Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Control Circuit/Open
Reseat the fuel pump relay. Oe swap with another relay.

Try resetting the codes first.

Disconnect the POSITIVE battery Terminal and touch it to ground for 30 seconds to discharge the PCM capacitors, which maintain the Adaptive Memory.
Reconnect the Battery Cable.
Turn Ignition Switch to the “On” position but DO NOT start the engine.
Turn Headlight On.
Turn Headlights Off.
Turn Ignition Key Off.

See if it starts and doesn’t come back.
Just tried everything that you suggested. To no avail. Tried at the eye to erase P0610 code, but came back. Still won’t fire. Any more thoughts?
Thanks for your quick reply. Bobdown

Thanks for your quick reply. Bobdown
I’m still going around in circles.
I’ve pulled & checked every connector I can find. Sprayed electrical cleaner in every connection. Pulled off & cleaned all earths & cleaned up with emery cloth. Nothing has changed. Just can’t find the gremlin at all.
The worst thing is I live in a house with a steep driveway & I’m blocking it off to be able to get out.
Please try to help me out Jesse.
Cheers

I was talking about the PCM. It is usually mounted on the passenger side firewall.
Any wires look cut or frayed?

Last edited:
I was talking about the PCM. It is usually mounted on the passenger side firewall.
Any wires look cut or frayed?

Hello again Jesse. No nothing looks frayed! In fact all the wiring and harnesses are in remarkably good condition. All connectors are clean. It doesn’t look like they have been played with at all. If the had I would have thought maybe someone had changed the pcm with a manual & not a automatic? It’s a mystery. But could be a stupid issue. Most are. Cheers

Jesse. Someone mentioned that the issue was that someone has replaced the PCM with a manual instead of a automatic? Would you think this would cause the problem? It doesn’t look like it’s been tempered with but? I do appreciate your time & input. I deeply feel that it is a simple issue Cheers & have a great day.

It would be immediate. The code is a communication code. The PCM is looking for a connection to an automatic trans module or VSS. If it doesn’t see the connection it assumes manual transmission.
So it could be wiring or it could be the PCM needs to be reflashed. Or a bad PCM.
This is why i suggested the easy free replug everything first.

I assume all was good and then you got the code. You didn’t buy it with the code and it didn’t show up on the first drive.
Was any work done before this showed up?
What was done so far to troubleshoot?

Last edited:
It would be immediate. The code is a communication code. The PCM is looking for a connection to an automatic trans module or VSS. If it doesn’t see the connection it assumes manual transmission.
So it could be wiring or it could be the PCM needs to be reflashed. Or a bad PCM.
This is why i suggested the easy free replug everything first.

I assume all was good and then you got the code. You didn’t buy it with the code and it didn’t show up on the first drive.
Was any work done before this showed up?
What was done so far to troubleshoot?

It was running fine when I purchased it. I drove approximately 500kms back home. The following day it wouldn’t crank over. Cleaned wire at starter solenoid Got it to crank but wouldn’t fire. Put a odb11 & got P2295 fuel pressure regulator. Cleared that & now stuck with P0610 code. Have disconnect battery, grounded it , unplugged all wiring connections and checked & reinstalled them. Pulled all fuses & relays & checked all with multimeter. All good. Cheers

Ok they may have sold it to you with the issue. Let me see if i could get exact wires needing to be reset. And any other checks or test

In general check battery health and ground connections are polished where they contact. Bad batteries, wires and contact points cause many fantom codes.

Last edited:
From another source:

Completed proxy alignment

PS: Here is what I used:
AlfaOBD software found here: AlfaOBD
OBDlink EX USB connector found here: OBDLink EX - OBD2 Adapter For ELM327 & FORScan
OBDlink Software Drivers found here: OBDLink EX Support - Startup Guide And More For Your OBD 2
Installed the AlfaOBD software and the OBDlink drivers on my Windows 10 laptop.
After connecting I ran into some odd behavior when attempting the proxy alignment, where the process kept looping on the radio reset and asking to turn the car off & on. That was caused by an option to protect the ECM/ECU from update, which needed to be unchecked. Once done the process worked fast & flawlessly.

From another source:

Completed proxy alignment

PS: Here is what I used:
AlfaOBD software found here: AlfaOBD
OBDlink EX USB connector found here: OBDLink EX - OBD2 Adapter For ELM327 & FORScan
OBDlink Software Drivers found here: OBDLink EX Support - Startup Guide And More For Your OBD 2
Installed the AlfaOBD software and the OBDlink drivers on my Windows 10 laptop.
After connecting I ran into some odd behavior when attempting the proxy alignment, where the process kept looping on the radio reset and asking to turn the car off & on. That was caused by an option to protect the ECM/ECU from update, which needed to be unchecked. Once done the process worked fast & flawlessly.

Thanks for that. I’ll get one & let you know how I do. Much appreciated!

I’ve downloaded & purchased the Alfa obd11 software and tried using a Bluetooth obd which I already had & couldn’t get a connection. So have been waiting for a obd to usb cable type to arrive. Just arrived and now can’t get a connection again. It’s sending me around the bend. So Jesse I’m still needing help. Cheers

Back