help!

LGR

RESEARCH PAPER HELP...........FAST!!!!

I was outside today installing my wilderness rack all was going well until i came to the front support brackets. Torx bolts that hold the windshield bracket wouldn't come out..so i figure drill and retap no biggie. I drill them out and when the second head falls off...the inside bracket falls down the windshield channel! I was like WTF! why! So now i got two holes in the windshield hindge and the bracket that acts as a nut has fallen in..what do i do to get it out!..i cant' find any access to it at all! it wouldn't be soo bad if i didn't have half a bolt still stuck on it! I took a few pictures of the holes so ya'll can see what i'm talking about..please help!!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287054315

I had the same problem with mine. My bracket didn't fall too far. I managed to get a long skinny screwdriver into one of the holes to move the bracket up far enough to line up one of the bolts. If there's no way you can reach the bracket, try getting a good strong magnet (mabye one from a speaker) and sliding the bracket up with it. Could also try one of those mechanics magnets, they're pretty strong.

yeah problem was i had the half the the torx bolt on it so i needed to finsih drillin them off..i said screw it and drilled small holes and made a square large enough to pull it through....just wanted that to be last resort. but its done. thanks for the input though. i'll snag a picture..i hate torx bolts!

Back