help

kreatos909

hey everyone, i have a 95 cherokee country, 4.0L , have a small rear main seal leak, and need to change the transmission filter, other than that its almost perfect, i'm putting a chip from jegs into the car, so i'm buying a high flow water and oil pump, heavy duty radiator and alternator, what would be the best cam shaft upgrade for strictly street. and does anyone know it some company make street suspension parts for my jeep??? and what would be the best turbo or supercharger set-up??? and from summit i'm getting the dynomax turbo exhaust , with a seperate cat. converter. and the motor have 130,000 on it and runs like a champ

AFAIK, there is NO chip for the Jeep computer (it's sealed, unlike car and 2wd truck setups) Cam will be limited by the fact you have EFI. Comp makes a decent one for strokers which will probably perk yours a bit. Bigger injectors and larger throttlebody help a lot.
To supercharge, I would rebuild the motor (might as well make it a 4.6 stroker too) or buy a core and build it on the side. Compression ratio is already on the edge of ping.

Personally, I like superchargers better, I LOVE hearing that loud blower whine, but turbo's are pretty cool too. If you're gonna run a blower, you better rebuild your motor with LOW compression pistons, don't know about Jeeps, but I know with a SBC you want about 7-1 compression just so you don't have to run high dollar race gas or worry about having your engine grenade. Turbo's also, from my experience, take a while to wind up and give you boost, while a blower is instant off idle hp/torque. Good luck with whatever you do, sounds like you've got a lot more money than I do,lol :)

and as far as street suspension, I highly doubt you'll find anyone that makes it for an XJ, you could check with Eibach and see, but I'd imagine you'll have to pay someone a small fortune for custom built coils/leafs. If you're gonna put that much money into something for the street, I'd sell it and buy something a lot easier/cheaper to build, just my opinion.

Simply ordering parts and bolting them to the motor will almost inevitably be a waste of money. if you want to start adding forced induction, ideally you will want to run a low compression engine, if you perfer nat. asp. then bump the compression up. getting a number of parts that are designed to work with the modifications you desire will be the best way to spend you money. In turn, assuming your not stroking, but when all said and done with the 4.0, money invested, you could have swapped in a healthy V8 that weighs less.

Back