Here is another Messed up Superhero...

TwistedCopper said:
Ah, who am I kidding... although they probably remember hearing the name, half of the kids in College today probably don't even know who he was.

:roll:

I know who Thomas Jefferson is. He's Wheezie's husband, the dry cleaner, right?

Moo-oovin' on up.....to the East Side....to that D-Lux apartment in the sky-y-y....

OutOfStep said:
If you read my initial post you'll see that you are arguing against points that I never made. All I said is that he would not be considered a Christian by many groups.
That's what I was discussing.

OutOfStep said:
It truly is revisionist history to exclude a portion of a mans life from record or thought simply because you find that section less than tasteful or blow it off as the ramblings of an old man.

I in no way would want to exclude what he did at 70 yrs old, or any true history. I believe in preservation of the truth. All I was saying is that the previous 70 years are excluded daily, and that is wrong and clearly indicates a strong liberal influence in our colleges and universities.

You assume I believe that he was a rambling old man, I do not. He was quite sane until the day he died. That is what he believed when he was 70 yrs old.

My point was that during his years of service to our country, he was a Christian. That is evident through what I posted earlier. Why is that not taught? Why is it taught and believed by many that he was never a Christian? It is not true. He was... for 70 or close to 70 years anyhow.

Last edited:

TwistedCopper said:
It is, however, no surprise to me that it is taught in Colleges and Universities in our country that he was opposed to Christianity because of something he said or wrote as an old man and the fact that he spent 70 years as a Christian (including the years he helped form and presided over this country) is not. Nothing like re-writing history to suit an agenda.

Ah, who am I kidding... although they probably remember hearing the name, half of the kids in College today probably don't even know who he was.

:roll:
Actually, I was kidding about the book I read.

Truth be told, in ALL of my American history classes, he was shown to be a staunch Christian, whom was more than critical of the state of his faith than other contemporaries of his time. But not one bit aethiest. So, evidentally the "Conspiracy theory" many of you speak of didn't reach my school. Not so much because the conspiracy didn't reach UNM, but because it's as fictional as the DaVinci code.

Last edited:
mingez said:
Actually, I was kidding about the book I read.

Truth be told, in ALL of my American history classes, he was shown to be a staunch Christian, whom was more than critical of the state of his faith than other contemporaries of his time. But not one bit aethiest. So, evidentally the "Conspiracy theory" many of you speak of didn't reach my school. Not so much because the conspiracy didn't reach UNM, but because it's as fictional as than the DaVinci code.

There are no secret Academic Athiest meetings, no secret handshakes or decoder rings. Nobody gets sworn in to corrupt the post secondary students of America into non-belief. Hell, many institutions of higher learning are still faith-based. (I guess "Hell" was a poor choice of words) "Heck" I mean.
What I maintain is that there is a strong liberal influence amongst NEA educators and college professors. Read some NEA publications and you will see. It is overwhelmingly evident. They are willing to re-write history rather than tell a truth that may not be appealing to them.

Mingez, I don't consider it a conspiracy theory. I consider it liberal bias.

Last edited:
I dunno the university I attended, I believe, was listed as having a Presbyterian charter, and I consider myself a Jefferson Republican though I'm registered as a libertarian and am a Sangamon Valley Presbyterian. TJ's my boy.

I don't think it really comes down to a liberal/conservative thing in this case, especially related to university indoctrination. I didn't take a single political/social science course through my time there. I pretty much stuck to the fisheries sciences, well, and beer ;-)... So I'm not sure what they teach about him. However, since he left so many papers, notes, and letters I would be very surprised if they didn't cover his religious chorography, especially since it is so interesting.

I think really he should be considered a Christian; he had more faith in the purity of Jesus' message (even after he penned his notes on religion) than 90% of the people today that consider themselves Christians and attend church every Sunday. Unfortunately most church officials would say I'm wrong, which was really my point.

On a side note, have you read his last letter; it made me fog up a bit the first time I read it.

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/jefferson/jefferson.html

and it is especially timely since it was in regards to the 4th of July celebration 170 yrs ago

Sooooooooooo.... Thomas Jefferson and Superman have what in common?

The "and all that..." remark was most likely an internationally politically correct sugar coating so the movie helps sell internationally. Right now, there are many nations that may not be so happy with our country. Superman is known to the entire world and has the potential to become an international blockbuster. By omitting the "and the American way", other nations can feel that he is not strictly American, which he is not. Plus, the "American way", as seen today, might not be such a delightful thought to some other nations today.

TwistedCopper said:
What I maintain is that there is a strong liberal influence amongst NEA educators and college professors. Read some NEA publications and you will see. It is overwhelmingly evident. They are willing to re-write history rather than tell a truth that may not be appealing to them.

Mingez, I made no mention of a conspiracy theory, nor decoder ring. Your reiterating what I am saying about the teachers and instructors and belittling it with sarcasm is either a desperate or ignorant tactic ... I am not sure yet which but it is insulting.
Check your PM box TC.

Last edited:
I don't think either extreeme is correct. People love to quote what the founding fathers did or didn't intend as if in some way it lends creedance to their side of an argument. Truth be told the founding fathers probably wouldn't have a clue how to run this America. The ACLU has done some wonderful things in its history. So did Hitler. The belief in a Supreme Being has been the inspiration for the butchering of millions of dissidents. Oh yea, and those great W.W.J.D. braclets. There isn't a conspiracy to overthrow Christian America, rather what you are seeing is the gradual changing of the gaurd which has happened in other nations for hundreds of years. Look at France, Spain, Europe, the middle east. We are a very young country, in the grand scheme of things. Growing pains are an absolute.

Don't worry, the Christian fabric of America won't be destroyed by the ACLU or Darwinism, or even Girls Gone Wild, or any other movement. It will just change and adapt, as it has since it's birth 2000 years ago when the first chocolate rabbit laid the first painted egg.

And oh Yea,... Superman has converted in the new movie. He's now Canadian!!!!!

OutOfStep said:
Ijust ignore the deist terminology he incorporated in his writings throughout his life {including the Declaration of Independence}.)

TJ Was a a Freemason throughout his adult life. A very active and influencial member of a great fraternity. The influence you are refering to stems from this source.

Gone&DoneIt said:
A very active and influencial member of a great fraternity

I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone speak positive of Freemasonry

Last edited:
Gone&DoneIt said:
I don't think either extreeme is correct. People love to quote what the founding fathers did or didn't intend as if in some way it lends creedance to their side of an argument. Truth be told the founding fathers probably wouldn't have a clue how to run this America. The ACLU has done some wonderful things in its history. So did Hitler. The belief in a Supreme Being has been the inspiration for the butchering of millions of dissidents. Oh yea, and those great W.W.J.D. braclets. There isn't a conspiracy to overthrow Christian America, rather what you are seeing is the gradual changing of the gaurd which has happened in other nations for hundreds of years. Look at France, Spain, Europe, the middle east. We are a very young country, in the grand scheme of things. Growing pains are an absolute.

Don't worry, the Christian fabric of America won't be destroyed by the ACLU or Darwinism, or even Girls Gone Wild, or any other movement. It will just change and adapt, as it has since it's birth 2000 years ago when the first chocolate rabbit laid the first painted egg.

And oh Yea,... Superman has converted in the new movie. He's now Canadian!!!!!
A very astute post.

Gone&DoneIt: while there have been claims of his membership (and it certianly seems logical as his views are very Masonic in feel), I have never seen any documentation that would verify such; it seems to me that he was probably not a member, but spent a lot of time with a lot of people that were. Though the Masons may hold verification of his membership in their private documents that I am unfortunately unable to view.

Also, I'm glad he's a Canadian now, its about time we got tough and fixed our illegal alien problem! :lol:

OutOfStep said:
Also, I'm glad he's a Canadian now, its about time we got tough and fixed our illegal alien problem! :lol:
Hahahahahaha :purple: :lol:

Yeah, it's those darn pesky Canadians... keep crossing illegally and taking all of the NHL GM jobs from the rest of us.

Last edited:
Come on now guys... In today's politically correct world we have to consider the feelings of our northern neighbors. The correct way to refer to them is "Americanly Challenged"

OutOfStep said:
Gone&DoneIt: while there have been claims of his membership (and it certianly seems logical as his views are very Masonic in feel), I have never seen any documentation that would verify such; it seems to me that he was probably not a member, :

For what it is worth, I have never seen documentiation of his membership either, however I have seen photographs of him in Lodge wearing Masonic garb.

Nope,... tryinjg to convince them to come on down and Party!!

oh yeah,... and bring lot's of LaBatts!!!!

Last edited:
Back