hey everyone!

spank

Hey guys, your latest newbie here...just wanted to say hi, introduce myself. I'll be askin lots of questions in the future as I'm new to this stuff.

:D

Welcome aboard! If you are new to jeeps ten jeepz is the right place to be. The members here run the gambet from stock jeeps to highly modified off roaders and everyone is welcome. Glad to have new folks to converse with. Again Welcome tug

thanks for the welcome! my YJ is very stock at the moment. planning some little mods for the near future, but nothing major until i know what i need. doubt i'll be doin anything hardcore. any advice anyone has would be appreciated!

Welcome to Jeez, eh! So ya' got a YJ, eh? Well, eh, the folks here are the greatest, eh. And, eh, if ya' let us know what kinda wheelin' you do, eh, we can steer ya' right! Eh!!! :lol: :lol: Just kiddin', of course. Welcome aboard!!

mud

4.2 yj w/ b/10 swap xj engine+aw4?

Welcome to Jeepz! Always glad to see new members, especially YJ owners!

What kind of mods have you been considering? Performance? Tires/suspension?

The best way to get to know your Jeep is to start small and do it all yourself and/or with friends.

:roll: contrary to popular belief, us Canucks don't say "eh" all the time ...but i appreciate the
humour :D

well, first step is a lift, then bigger tires. other than that i'm not really sure. i guess at some point i should get a winch?

what do you guys think i should do?

Welcome, just do what you want, study up on whatever it is you do and have fun doing it, that's what it's all about. I'm sure you've heard that a Jeep is never finished. Don't be afraid to ask questions, if you aren't sure about the answer, someone here has it for you. Just want to say...Welcome to the sickness.......Mikey

83CJ701DakRT said:
Welcome, just do what you want, study up on whatever it is you do and have fun doing it, that's what it's all about.........

Like Mikey said. It pretty much depends on what you want to do. If you want to play in the mud, you'll need different meats than if you want to crawl around on rocks. If you drive it to work and back everyday, you'll have to consider that. Mine is the only vehicle I own so it's basically stock (cold air intake, 31's, and a winch). But I do like to play on all different types of terrain (hence, the winch). Not real modded out, but the winch rescues me when I get stupid. Just don't underestimate the capabilities of your Jeep bone stock - these are very great, adaptable, modifiable (?), vehicles! Have fun!!

Oh, and sorry about the "eh" stuff.....c'mon down here to Carolina and make fun of the way we talk - it's only fair!! :lol:

Peace to y'uns,

mud

help

Welcome to Jeepz! XJ owner here, hoping to add a YJ to the family in late '07, after I get Jeepy paid off. No mods here either (unless you count the E-brake buzzer), it's all I can do to keep it filled with gas at the moment, but I have some plans... Ask questions, get answers, learn things, be able to answer the questions of others, that's how it fell into place for me...

Happy Jeepin!

26K OUCH

Welcome, look forward to your input and contributions. You'll love it around here. Good people!!!

spank said:
:roll: contrary to popular belief, us Canucks don't say "eh" all the time ...but i appreciate the
humour :D

Yep, wrong end of Canada :D

My daughter's at SFU and likes BC very much. She graduated form UW and thought Seattle was nice but thinks BC is even better.

yep, BC is great.

My YJ is my DD (for now) so really all I want to do at this point is lift it a little and stick some 31s on it. I've heard you can't go any bigger than 31s without doin some major work.

spank said:
yep, BC is great.

My YJ is my DD (for now) so really all I want to do at this point is lift it a little and stick some 31s on it. I've heard you can't go any bigger than 31s without doin some major work.

More like 30" on YJs but you'll probably just rub more with 31s. I had 31s but I also had a 2-1/2 Skyjacker lift. Take your time and research, ask questions and watch you'll get a feel for what you need w/o spending too much for something you'll take off in 6 months. :wink:

Keep an eye out for used 31s. Somebody is always upgrading and wants to get rid of their 6 month old tires. See if an off road club is in your area, probably plenty around Seattle, and they usually post lots of stuff for sale on their club site. You don't have to be a member on most of them.

Back