Hi from the Southern California Desert

Chuck Wolfsen

New member here. My ride is an 83 Jeep CJ7 that my twin sister bought new and was eventually given to me a couple of years ago after she died of breast cancer. Bout 115K on it and is in really good shape with a fairly new 4.2 in it since the first one burned up :bomb: . It's 100% stock 'cept for the lift kit and for now at least I plan to keep it that way. The biggest fight lately was getting it smogged...welcome to Ca 8) . Now that she's legal I'll be getting her in shape so my 17 yr old son can drive to school and I can take her wheelin in the dez and picnics with my wife. Considering the fact that it was my sisters jeep and my other siblings would kill me if I ever sold it I'm going to have her for a very long time so I'm going to be hanging out in the tech section. It is a jeep after all. :)

WELCOME TO JEEPZ!!! Sorry to hear of your sis.
Sounds like a nice Jeep, got any pics?

which So.Cal desert, Mojave or Anza Barrego?

Welcome to the site.Sorry about your sister. Hope you smile and enjoy that Jeep everytime you drive it, as your sister I'm sure did.

Have a great holiday.

Tony

Hi All;

Here's one pic of Sis's Jeep. I hope it attaches properly. More to come as I get her trail ready ;) If you notice the plate it's her first and middle name. Anyway... I just installed a new stereo and speakers. I went to best buy and actually found speakers that would fit behind the dash on the factory studs. If anyone is interested they are Pioneer TS-A4672R. They mount vertically and only require about 1/4 inch spacers to keep the center of the speaker off the back of the metal dash. Picked them up at Best Buy for about 80 bucks. They are 4x6 3 way speakers. They don't thump base but if you want speakers tucked away from sticky fingers they are the way to go. Right now I'm replacing the heater core. See me in the tech section if you can help with heater hose routing on the 4.2 :D
1213091228b.jpg

Hey Chuck! Good ride you have there despite the the tragic circumstances which led to your possession of it. I can only assume that your sister knew you would be the only one to keep it the way she would have if things turned out different for her........

Back