Hi- Thanks for having me- Nubie Needs help with postal Jeep

SHARON b

I have had my 2006 Jeep for about 4 yrs and have been having issues with it - The problem comes and goes- starts fine when cool but runs hot fast and then sputters and will not stay iidoling , once off will not start for 25 -30 min later. I have had the fuel pump changed (2yrs ago) then replaced the radiator- fan and thermostat, seems to run good when outside temp nice but when it get.s hot outside the problem starts all over. I checked the codes on odometer ,But don,t understand them-5 0f 5.1 72116 6us 6 8 06-02 ? Please Help- it's too hot in AZ to be stranded day after day- Thanks

This is new members intro section. Post your questions in the Teck section for all the answers you need. But for now:
3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

I have had my 2006 Jeep for about 4 yrs and have been having issues with it - The problem comes and goes- starts fine when cool but runs hot fast and then sputters and will not stay iidoling , once off will not start for 25 -30 min later. I have had the fuel pump changed (2yrs ago) then replaced the radiator- fan and thermostat, seems to run good when outside temp nice but when it get.s hot outside the problem starts all over. I checked the codes on odometer ,But don,t understand them-5 0f 5.1 72116 6us 6 8 06-02 ? Please Help- it's too hot in AZ to be stranded day after day- Thanks

This should be copied to the tech section.

The PCM will go into safe mode when running hot. This will cause it to sputter and stall... You need to address the overheating issue as this will eventually damage your engine.
When you changed the radiator did you use stock? Most after market do not have the same fin count resulting in inefficient cooling.
What temp do you run at normally?
Is the overheating boiling out the coolant? If it does what temp is it at when this occurs?
Have you ever changed the radiator cap? What lbs cap did you use?
Did you refill and burp the system after overheating?
When burping are the bubbles big or like small foam bubbles?
Could you see the fluid move? Water pump impeller sometimes fail.
Any coolant leaks?
Check oil for chocolate milkshake

Back