history of theft of jeep parts

I live 15 west of atlantic city nj in what some people call the "undesireable town" as far as theft goes KNOCK ON WOOD nothing yet at home. One day on the beach my shovel was stolen I think someone borrowed it because there ford was stuck right behind me I was fishing and said "Go ahead use it you obviously need it more than me" :lol: :lol: They got ticked off and forgot to return it. As for locking it I lock my doors With the top up or down habit from my Ply sundance which got broken into all the time in Norfolk Va. As my father in law says If you lock it they will cut your top to see what you are hiding. [addsig]

The old saying still holds true. "The only thing a lock does is keep an honest man honest" If they want it bad enough nothing you can do will stop them[addsig]

Well back over the summer I was living in a not so good part of town and my jeep was broken into. For some odd reason I actually remembered to take the face off of my cd player and take it inside with me. Well anyway I was sitting inside and I needed something from my glove box so I went outside and unlocked the passenger door. As I was fumbling inside I noticed that my driver door was open about an inch or two.

The next thing I noticed was the 12" by 6" hole sliced out of my driver side window. Man I was pissed. The only thing stolen was my cd case (which sucked cuz I had a lot of cds in there). They pulled my faceless stereo out of the dash about 2 inches before realizing that it was faceless. That was about it. I am still pissed about the window though and still have yet to locate some soft supertop uppers to replace it. Oh well...clear packing tape works for now.

Rule of thumb...if you have a soft top don't lock your doors. They WILL cut your top. Get a good alarm and keep your stuff hid or locked in a good (tuffy) console.[addsig]

nothings been stolen outta mine, alltho we had a best buy stereo theft ring operating here at one point. in a 3 month period best buy installed 74 CD players into cars, within 2 weeks of each installation, 68 of them were gone. the police assume that an employee is giving the names and addresses of people who had decks installed. thats why i install my stuff myself :) [addsig]

Great responses. Thanks for the info. Reason I'm asking is being from 'Jersey, unfortunately car-related thefts have been a part of my upbringing (no, I didn't heist others' stuff) and I am rather concerned that my rig will be stripped.

What gets me is from the responses, there have been "jeep only" parts stolen. That would mean that those hot parts are most likely ending up on someone else’s jeep. I can't even believe that one of us would steal from another. I have to believe that these break-ins are from the low life smegma that would steal from their mothers.
[addsig]

I've also had my off-road lights stolen off my jeep. I just found out today that PIAA offers two solutions to this problem. One is an alarm that hooks up to your lights and an existing vehicle alarm system. The other is a set of McGuard lock nuts designed to fit over the threaded stud on your lights. I'm gonna go with the lock nuts because I think the alarm will probably be worth more than the lights.[addsig]

I live in Quebec, Canada in a small town right next to the nation's capital (ottawa). Nothing ever got stolen of my jeep yet...I am carefull tough, i always hide my cd player face plate no to attract any unwanted attention....My Bro got his BMW emblem stolen of hi 1987 325 2 times!!!!! right in my driveway!! My jeep was parked right next to it...they never touched the jeep...I have this theorie that ppl are scared of jeep owners cuz u never know what kind of ppl own jeeps!! :lol:

I always lock my doors and when i have my soft top off...i just watch it alot and pay attention to not leave it alone too long!

Anybody else from Quebec...even Canada at all? :) [addsig]

All I had was someone slice my window to realize that the door was unlocked anyway and take a tool set that was under my seat[addsig]

Back