Hossenfeth finally found a jeep he wants to buy

hossenfeth

Here she is

2002 TJ Sport
4.0 Engine
5 Speed Transmission
Sport Package
Soft Top (Much quieter than the 99 I drove)
30" Tire & Wheel Package
7 Year or 70,000 Mile Drivetrain warranty
Heres the awsome part only 1100 Miles
He was asking $14,000 And is going to give me $3000 for my trade
So for $11,000 I can have basically brand new TJ

With the exception of finding anything wierd on the title I am planning on buying it Thursday......I am posting to get any opinions from the group (once again!)

Bet you guys wish I would just buy a dern jeep and quit asking for your opinions.

TIA,

Hossenfeth[addsig]

way to go man, im lookin at buying my first jeep sunday :) :)

wish me luck :) :)
:-O [addsig]

it sounds solid, when you get that beast and the snow clears off we'll have to get together and try to find some iowa offroadin fun. im not sure if you've thought of this or not, but id throw down a quick down payment (like 500) that way some other punk doesnt come along and swipe it and it doesnt sound like there could possibly be anything wrong with a jeep that new so there wouldnt be much risk of you deciding you didnt want it, just a thought. good luck man[addsig]

Great buy! This With the warranty still in tact, anything goes wrong, it's fixed! Heck the thing's not even close to break in yet!
Good job!
[addsig]

that's a great deal! Don't take it off road for awhile, that motor's not broken in yet! Post some pics when you get it!!!!!![addsig]

It sounds like a great deal, buy it now before anybody finds else finds it. [addsig]

Well I ran the vin and found out that the TJ was an SE model not a sport. The dealer swears he didn't know (grumble grumble). The sport package was added at the dealership...big wheels/tires and stickers. Sooooooooooo I am going to offer a grand less and if he takes it I will be driving a 2.5 I guess. I test drove it and was very impressed with acc on the highway so the 4 cyl is not so much of an issue...it just kinda pisses me that the dealer didn't tell me.....I really shouldn't have taken his word and looked under the hood...[addsig]

hossenfeth...thats kinda messed with that Sport SE switch. I had a TJ SE and hated the 4banger. Drive both before you through down $11k. or you may be kicking yourself like I was.[addsig]

Well he took my offer 10,000 so I am much poorer. I drove the other 4.0 that he had on the lot and wasn't too impressed as far as improvement in highway prowess.......maybe that comes from driving a 4 cyl 5 speed s-10 for quite a few years...so she is mine and she is great........I will be posting pictures soon......I got her a little muddy this weekend :)

Hope to jump in and help in the forum where I can and learn all I can as well

Happy new TJ owner,

Hossenfeth[addsig]

Back