• 4-9 hours

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 9 + hours

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
How much time do you guys spend online on a normal day? I've got a computer related job (VoIP phone monkey), so I spend 9 hours at work, plus another 1 or 2 at home online. I've got a feeling I'm at the upper end of the spectrum

I've always got my phone and I'm on again off again. It would be difficult to give an accurate amount of time but probably middle of the spectrum...

About 2 hrs here,it's my only form of entertainment " Scuba dude is probably thinking , yeah get a grip ."

In my line of work , bus operator , we are not permitted to use electronic devices while in passenger service , so not during work time , naturally . But I got a 5 hr. break at home which I will spend at least a couple of hours on my ipad2 at least or sometimes the desktop. A lot of that is at Jeepz.com . The rest is casual surfing. The forum is usually left signed on constantly with the iPad 2. :shades:

About 3 hours reading all the post on a lot of the forums wile most of you guys are still a sleep.

I'm in IT as well so I'm on a computer all day while at work. If I'm waiting on something to run/scan/update/process/restore/collate/populate/assimilate etc then I just click over to Chrome and see what's going on in the world. When I get home I generally avoid the computer but I always have my phone nearby in case I get bored and need an internet fix.

it depends on what's goin on work that day. if there's nothing going on it could easily be 6 hours. also do you consider online gaming being online? if so my number could be considerably higher

it depends on what's goin on work that day. if there's nothing going on it could easily be 6 hours. also do you consider online gaming being online? if so my number could be considerably higher

I LOVE AMERICA ! Where else can you get paid for working but while spending that time recreationally !

I wasn't saying that. What I mean is that (as much as europeans don't want to admit it) our life styles are all about that comfortable and similar. In both Europe and the United States you will find similar jobs and people.

I wasn't saying that. What I mean is that (as much as europeans don't want to admit it) our life styles are all about that comfortable and similar. In both Europe and the United States you will find similar jobs and people.

Sorry I misquoted you , just recalling from anything I've ever heard or read of American culture versus European culture. We know that we Americans generally view ourselves as hardworking , but it has been said that in our daily life of working to support family and pursue our dreams , we don't take enough time for ourselves . This may not be true of all Americans and this is not to say that Europeans do not work hard for the same reasons , they are said to be more involved with making certain to be more in touch with their personal interests and not to spend all their time at work expressing their dedication to their lives .
This no doubt would raise conflict as many a man and woman in our borders will argue that they utilize all the time they can to enjoy life with family and friends . So , I guess we both , American and European , work hard and enjoy our lives to the best accomplishable. I will say though , I hope there are not too many like , who put in 60 + hours a week ( not including overtime, work days off,etc.) and don't take enough time for themselves , American and European .

Back