Howdy Folks!

Kate

Thought I would drop an intro so you'd have fair warning.

I'm a chubby old Irish woman with an ugly little Jeep. I'm an outspoken, beer drinkin', straight shootin', conservative rabble rouser with a sarcastic sense of humor. Most of the folks I ride with call me the Trail Mom.

I'm a native Californian who moved to Tennessee almost 7 years ago. My husband, affectionately known as OBM (On Board Mechanic) is a retired heavy equipment mechanic/operator out of Local 3 on the west coast. He's the one who makes the payments, does the welding & wrenching and keeps the maintenance up on my ugliest child so that I can go play on the rocks now and then. I'm not a mall crawler and I don't do heels or lipstick either :rolleyes:

I bought my 06 Rubi brand new. It's my 4th Jeep. Love the darn thing. I've had two CJs and *urp* a KJ (very briefly) and a few other 4x4 vehicles in my lifetime.

This rig is the first one I have ever really wheeled with. There used to be the occasional mud hole, logging road, water crossing or hill climb, but nothing like the challenges I enjoy these days.

My Jeep "Ajax" has a couple of double ended, triple chrome plated flammywhammers zip tied to it so that it doesn't bump it's butt when we go clod hoppin through the boonies.

Like almost any Jeep lover, mine is an ongoing project. It will probably never be finished but gettin there is half the fun.

Here's a photo of the little guy...
IMGP1013-1.jpg

Yea, I know , t's a complete poser shot. We had just done a JJ conversion on the control arms, were testing it out. The stump out back is our version of a redneck RTI ramp ;)
AjaxTB-1.jpg

I'm looking forward to reading through your forum to see what I can see!
I'm active on several Jeep related forums, same handle everywhere I go.

Nicetameetcha!

Kate

Thought I would drop an intro so you'd have fair warning.

I'm a chubby old Irish woman with an ugly little Jeep. I'm an outspoken, beer drinkin', straight shootin', conservative rabble rouser with a sarcastic sense of humor. Most of the folks I ride with call me the Trail Mom.

I'm a native Californian who moved to Tennessee almost 7 years ago. My husband, affectionately known as OBM (On Board Mechanic) is a retired heavy equipment mechanic/operator out of Local 3 on the west coast. He's the one who makes the payments, does the welding & wrenching and keeps the maintenance up on my ugliest child so that I can go play on the rocks now and then. I'm not a mall crawler and I don't do heels or lipstick either :rolleyes:

I bought my 06 Rubi brand new. It's my 4th Jeep. Love the darn thing. I've had two CJs and *urp* a KJ (very briefly) and a few other 4x4 vehicles in my lifetime.

This rig is the first one I have ever really wheeled with. There used to be the occasional mud hole, logging road, water crossing or hill climb, but nothing like the challenges I enjoy these days.

My Jeep "Ajax" has a couple of double ended, triple chrome plated flammywhammers zip tied to it so that it doesn't bump it's butt when we go clod hoppin through the boonies.

Like almost any Jeep lover, mine is an ongoing project. It will probably never be finished but gettin there is half the fun.

Here's a photo of the little guy...
IMGP1013-1.jpg

Yea, I know , t's a complete poser shot. We had just done a JJ conversion on the control arms, were testing it out. The stump out back is our version of a redneck RTI ramp ;)
AjaxTB-1.jpg

I'm looking forward to reading through your forum to see what I can see!
I'm active on several Jeep related forums, same handle everywhere I go.

Nicetameetcha!

Kate

Hey where ya'll at in TN? I am also in TN Indian Mound it is near Fort Campbell, KY or Clarksville, TN Just wanted to pop in and say hey!

Here is a Pic of my Lil guy! 2006 LJ and he just had a full body makeover since he is offically ALL MINE!

Attachments

• Jeep Done 1.jpg
    Jeep Done 1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 108
We're in Henderson county! I like that black Jeep, pretty spiffy!
I have about one more year of payments before Ajax is "all mine" I can hardly wait.

Where do you usually go wheelin?

We're in Henderson county! I like that black Jeep, pretty spiffy!
I have about one more year of payments before Ajax is "all mine" I can hardly wait.

Where do you usually go wheelin?

I am in Stewart County Yeah I like "Big daddy" too! We usually go to LBTL (Land Between The Lakes)/ Turkey Bay or Big Rock all in Kentucky. But I want find others too.

We went to TB a couple of weeks ago.
I don't see myself going back any time soon.

With where you are Windrock would be closer than it is for us, and WOW, I mean just WOW it's incredible. There are other places not too far out for us like Hawk Pride. They're just getting started but are making great strides and are going to have an amazing park.

I haven't been to Big Rock, is it rocks, or dust?

Perfect!

howdy from texas.

(i grew up in socal though, riverside)

i am not sure, that is 12 hours from me :). they might be about even distance from both of us.

i know down here in south texas, the plains regions, we really don't have a lot of good stuff. its all flat trails through brush, desert trails, or beach riding. when i was young i would go see my dad in the summers and he lived on the east coast, virginia and the carolinas, it was great 4x4'n there. tons of trails and hills in the woods. i wish we had that here

I like you already. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to JEEPZ Kate! When are you going to put that stinger on your bumper?

Well...
I kinda put that on hold for now.
In fact, I just spent the day yesterday putting a good paint job on the bumper, so ruining it to weld a stinger on it is not in the forseeable future.

Ya see...
the whole stinger thing was going to be about $300
that was the cost of my SAVVY gas tank skid.

Well, as you may have guessed, belly armor is next, then one thing or another and I got to thinking that I really didn't NEED a stinger and the more I thought about it the more I realized it was going to just be sticking out there in my way so....

maybe later. :shades:

Back