humm

Is it a stock radio, or aftermarket? If it's aftermarket, was it installed using the factory harness, or did you run a new ground and positive? Finally, does this hum on the radio only, or on the tape/cd as well?

Having asked all those questions, a radio hum is usually from a bad ground

does the humm change with RPM? if so, you need a filter for Alternator noise.. if its a steady humm.. you need to "like the previous post said", check grounding and power.. and you may have to put a filter cap on the power lead depending on what piece of electronics its coming from..

does the humm change with RPM? if so, you need a filter for Alternator noise.. if its a steady humm.. you need to "like the previous post said", check grounding and power.. and you may have to put a filter cap on the power lead depending on what piece of electronics its coming from..

It does change with rpm but I noticed the other day it does it without the motor runnin as well so im still lost

Sounds like you are near a source of RFI (radio frequency interference) Radio shack used to sell noise reducers that plugged into the antenna line

You never mentioned how it's wired. Are you running positive and negative to the battery directly, or through the factory harness.

I'm betting that it's a bad power or bad ground.

Did this happen when you unhooked the antenna? Could be the antenna was grounding your stereo.

I got it wired positive to the fuse box and ground threw factory harness the antena never has been hooked up it was wrecked and they cut the wire off the fendwr and hooked speaker wire too the antena cable

Well guys I thank I gotter figured out I had it ggrounded into the factory harness but the wire had one of those male conector ends on it I cut it off and it aint doin it now

Would that cause it to interfere with the cd player? and would not havin a proper antena hooked up do anythang?
Bad ground... It will do it to you energy time. Ground it to the tub behind the dash, be sure it is bare metal to bare metal. And a tight screw is always better.

Back