I can't believe it... It's happened again. This hit's way too close to home

currupt4130

VT Hokie
Shooting on the NIU campus. 2 dead. :( :( :(

NIU Shooting leaves two dead

NIU Shooting leaves two dead

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 05:00 PM

Updated: Feb 14, 2008 05:49 PM

DEKALB, Illinois -- Northern Illinois University officials confirmed this afternoon that a shooting has occurred on campus, and that several people have been taken away by ambulance. Two are now confirmed dead, one being the shooter.

The Kishwaukee Community Hospital says that up to 15 victims are arriving, and that 3 to 4 victims have arried with head wounds. A Daily Chronicle photographer on the scene reported five people going by on stretchers. Blood was apparent and obvious, the photographer said.

According to the Bureau County Republican, calls started coming in just after 3pm over a police scanner about a white male shooter with a shotgun and pistol. At least two people are reported down in DuSable Hall, and one person had blood on the back of the head, according to eyewitness reports. It could not be confirmed if it was from a gunshot.

The shootings happened in Cole Hall, MLK Commons, and Neptune Hall (a dormitory).

At 3:20 this afternoon, a message on the campus website urged students to "Get to a safe area and take precautions until given the all clear. Avoid the King Commons and all buildings in that vicinity."

At 4:14pm, campus police reported that the immediate danger has passed, and that the gunman was no longer a threat.

In addition to counseling made available in each residence hall, the following hotlines have been set up for students and parents:

From an AP article covering the shooting:

"..........The shooting was the fourth at a U.S. school within a week.

On Feb. 8, a woman shot two fellow students to death before committing suicide at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge........"

It's everywhere.....even down here. And it sucks.

My brother goes to school there. He was telling me at Christmas how they had an anonymous threat and had to close campus for a day. I talked to him tonight and he said they never did catch the jerk. Hopefully this isn't the same guy... If so, somebody's going to hang.

We had a bomb threat on campus the other day. I had to walk right by the building to go to class. We also had a student get shot like 2 weeks ago but it was in the arm and not news worthy. I was attacked by a homeless guy on a well lit up street 200 yards from my dorm. I'm a 6ft white, athletic male. I don't ever ever let a girl walk alone on this campus.

I dont want to :deadhorse:, but this is exactly why people should be allowed to carry on campus. At the very least, there should be metal detectors in each building along with an armed security guard.

It has happened twice here in Memphis within a one week period. Both in high schools. We gotta move...

Back