I can't figure this one out.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: 3/29/97

mingez said:
TwistedCopper said:
90Xjay said:
Why is it that the same group of liberals who are yelling the loudest about it being a "state issue" will turn around and fight for a convicted felon on death row to appeal to the supreme court.....

(OR)

Flock in droves from all over the world in a group effort to hydrate a beached whale that put itself there so it could die :shock:

Oh crap, I forgot about that! Packing my bags RIGHT NOW!

Mingez STOP! :lol:

LadyJeepFreak said:
mingez said:
TwistedCopper said:
90Xjay said:
Why is it that the same group of liberals who are yelling the loudest about it being a "state issue" will turn around and fight for a convicted felon on death row to appeal to the supreme court.....

(OR)

Flock in droves from all over the world in a group effort to hydrate a beached whale that put itself there so it could die :shock:

Oh crap, I forgot about that! Packing my bags RIGHT NOW!

Mingez STOP! :lol:

Just got back and BOY am I TIRED! I smell of brine and patuli. For all involved two words: Use Deodorant.

"Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your HONOR. That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoemaking and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poorhouse."

--Mark Twain

So, by Mark Twain's logic, loss of honor is supposed to be feared more than death? Hmmmm.... well, according to MT I'm just a simpleton - So, what do I know? :wink:

--Off to go watch some liberal-biased media!

CJ-5 Hardtop for sale

Well the honorable Reeeeveruund Jacksuuuuun has now made himself a media spokesperson for the Schindler family.

I can't wait to see the media's reaction to that. Where's that popcorn smiley when I need it!!! They are stuck between two liberal media taboos.

TwistedCopper said:
Well the honorable Reeeeveruund Jacksuuuuun has now made himself a media spokesperson for the Schindler family.

I can't wait to see the media's reaction to that. Where's that popcorn smiley when I need it!!! They are stuck between two liberal media taboos.

O-M-G.
Here you go TC:
image-missing.png
, ...
image-missing.png
I'm sittin' right next to you. This outta be good! Butter?

TwistedCopper said:

:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: OMG YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!! That must have just happened because I checked the news at 5 p.m. and there was nothing new.

He really annoys me to death.

Lady

RE: Who

I'm not making light of the situation, but Jesse Jackson???? why JJ? Why at day 12???

What will the media say... can't go against Jesse, can't side with him.... I gotta go tune in.

Yeah, butter please... (slurping over-sized, over-priced coke through too narrow of a straw)... and pass the salt.

I'm a Sno Caps guy.

Just saw an interview of JJ on Hannity and Colmes. Colmes didn't even speak to Jackson...

Told ya so :)

[edit] At least as a result of the interview I saw JJ's true motive.

TwistedCopper said:
Actually she can drink water, they have let her drink small amounts before but she can't eat at all. She cannot ingest enough to sustain herself, hence the tube.

NO, if she attempted to drink water, it would go right in to her lungs! Thats the point of the feeding tube, it is installed so that the stray fluids don't get into her pulmonary system and either choke her, Pnemonia, etc...and this is no media saw on the news crap, this is part of my job!

AT this point, all you can ask is let her Die with Dignity

RE: Catfish basketball

jps4jeep said:
TwistedCopper said:
Actually she can drink water, they have let her drink small amounts before but she can't eat at all. She cannot ingest enough to sustain herself, hence the tube.

NO, if she attempted to drink water, it would go right in to her lungs! Thats the point of the feeding tube, it is installed so that the stray fluids don't get into her pulmonary system and either choke her, Pnemonia, etc...and this is no media saw on the news crap, this is part of my job!
Good point.

AT this point, all you can ask is let her Die with Dignity
Or Honor.

Actually, it has been said by her family and hospice care that she has been given small, thickened amounts of water to moisten her mouth. I was not suggesting someone pour a glass of water down her throat. I am well aware of her situation and unfortunately am familiar with how it is treated. Thickener is something you should be very familiar with if that is your field.

My grandfather had a stroke and is on a tube. He drinks thickened water, coke, and juice. He, like Shiavo, could never sustain his life with the small amounts he is allowed to drink to keep him comfortable.

He was in a similar state 4 years ago, but with some therapy he now greets his great grandchildren by name.

On a side note, I don't think anyone is worried about her getting pnemonia... SHE'S STARVING TO DEATH :roll: I don't think it's too much to try to do things to make her more comfortable. Something more than the morphine they're giving her.

The courts have made it clear she is to die, and I in no way see how denying her of comforts is allowing her to die peacefully or how on earth there is any dignity found in what is taking place, on her part or anyone else's.

[edit] I should be clear that I'm not implying that Terry Shaivo would have had the same success as my grandfather with therapy.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who

I have done my best to stay out of this one, but I have failed. Let me just state two things:

TwistedCopper said:
He was in a similar state 4 years ago, but with some therapy he now greets his great grandchildren by name.

People do not recover from flatline brain death. Terry Schiavo only has brain function at the brain stem, only enough to give her involuntary movements (such as breathing and uncontrolled motor function). She cannot swallow. She will not get better.

Second: Terry Schiavo was called home by the Lord many years ago, but man's ignorance has kept her from that glorious reunioin. Man is disobeying God's call for Terry to come home to Him. That is what irked me about EMS, having to do CPR on people who were well into their 80's and 90's, and getting them back....just because they didn't have a DNR order or a living will. She's dead. Let her body finish the process.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

TROUBLE w/ TRANSFER BOX ON '92 CHEROKEE - HELP!

...I still don't know where I stood on the whole debate, didn't want to get into it... But be that as it may, may she rest in peace now...

RE: Steering column question?

Sparky-Watts said:
People do not recover from flatline brain death. Terry Schiavo only has brain function at the brain stem, only enough to give her involuntary movements (such as breathing and uncontrolled motor function). She cannot swallow. She will not get better.
And, good Doctor, you base your diagnosis on what? The doctors paid by Michael Shiavo? She had not had an extensive MRI or PET (sp?) scan. I am no doctor, but there were several opposing diagnoses made by doctors from both parties, both of which had an agenda. What the congress was asking for was for there to be clarity and have all the testing done (with the tube being re-inserted in the interim). There is much evidence to suggest the woman was not in a vegatative state, I believe (as the President said today) that there should be no room for doubt and if there is doubt, we should favor life until that doubt is known. There was much doubt in this case, but it is done and those involved will have to live with their decisions.

And for the last time, she could swallow small amounts. There is documentation and affidavids. Why do you folks keep saying she couldn't? It is not true.

Just because someone is on a feeding tube does not mean they cannot swallow.

Sparky-Watts said:
Second: Terry Schiavo was called home by the Lord many years ago, but man's ignorance has kept her from that glorious reunioin. Man is disobeying God's call for Terry to come home to Him. That is what irked me about EMS, having to do CPR on people who were well into their 80's and 90's, and getting them back....just because they didn't have a DNR order or a living will. She's dead. Let her body finish the process. And that's all I've got to say about that.
If there is one thing I really am afraid of, it's when someone tries to explain or claims to know the will of God.

While you (as many do) may feel you have the ability to know when someone is supposed to be dead (God's will), I prefer to leave that to a higher authority. I do, however, feel very uncomfortable thinking it was God's will for her to be starved, dehydrated, and doped up on morphine for 14 days until her organs failed and her heart stopped because of toxins in her blood. I dunno, maybe I missed that chapter.

As I stated earlier, she was not on "life support" equipment. She was on FOOD. How many of you would live 14 days without food or water and alot of morphine?

Who are you to decide if someone's life is worth reviving and to actually resent giving treatment to someone because of their age? Certainly not someone who would have any idea what that person's future holds or what their wishes are. With that mindset I believe you made the right choice by leaving that line of work.

I've always liked you Sparky but those comments were very arrogant.

I know I am part of a very small minority that feels the way I do, but I also know this is a right to life vs right to die issue with many. It is neither for me. I will say again that if she were on a vent or the like then I would feel differently, but with everything surrounding what happened to this woman there is no way I will ever feel that killing her was justified. And there was alot more surrounding this situation than by what means she was kep alive.

Back to work!

With that mindset I believe you made the right choice by leaving that line of work.

I've always liked you Sparky but those comments were very arrogant.

This is exactly why I tried so hard to stay out of this thread, because there are some folks here who can't make an intelligent debate without slinging insults. However, TC, you were one of the last I figured to throw an insult like that. How much medical training do you have, and how much do you know about the cases I referred to?

Perhaps I'd better find another forum to visit if this is what I am to expect around here.

Sparky-Watts said:
............................Perhaps I'd better find another forum to visit if this is what I am to expect around here.

Sparky, Sparky, Sparky, please don't leave. As I'm sure you've heard, opinions are like a$$holes......everybody's got one. It seems too me that you've been bashed pretty hard, but let it go. As someone said in another post, different strokes for different folks. Words are just that......words. I quit worrying about name calling and slander long ago.....did nothing but eat at me and made me a bitter person. Strive to keep the faith and live a good life...follow the "Golden Rule"... and to hell with all the jibjab. Oh......and keep on Jeepin'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back