I Love my Wife!

First of all, BDS and Black Diamond are 2 different brands. BDS is Big Di ck's Suspension ;)

What would I do? I really don't have any personal experience with Black Diamond. All I can go on is what I've read, which is all positive. What I like about that kit is the flat spring seats (similar to Old Man Emu) and the price. If my choice boiled down to just the two of them, then going on what I know I'd choose the 3.5" kit. Mainly because of the extra 1.5" and the fact that RE raised their price taking the value out of the Standard Duty kit (I'm kind of dissapointed with that).

Like Junk wrote, you are going to love either one of them.

Alright....I think you guys have convinced me to go with the BD 3.5" kit. The more I thought about it yesterday at work, the more it made sense to go with the bigger lift. I also like the idea of the military wrap, and I'd be kicking myself someday when the belly hangs on something that an extra inch would have cleared (but then there's always the hi-lift and a pile of rocks). Of course when I told Sunshine this, she wasn't thrilled. She said, "I can barely get in your Jeep now, there's no way I can get in it if you lift it three inches". My wife.....I love her, but she has trouble getting into a stock Jeep? Now that's funny!!

I have that Black Diamond lift on my '93. I like it. I'm running 31"s and it gives great clearance and appeal. It comes with everything but a pittman arm drop. You NEED this to align the front end correctly. Its alittle rough for some of my passengers but then they're used to a cushy compact car, not a Jeep. Flexis pretty good even with the sway bars connected. I did the lift myself (with the exception of torching off the springs, yeah they were that bad). Go with the 3.5" ull be far happier with it when its done.
Mike

Back