If the election where held today....

Is this just another urban legend

It sounds like an urban legand to me.

I have trouble believeing anyone that graduated from both Harvard AND Yale would say anything like "Japanites"

Along the lines of the quote about the christian man running the country, I'm not 100% sure on this but I've heard Kerry is jewish and nothing against the jewish community but with the new escalation in palestine and Israel I think it would be a very bad time to elect a jewish president because now Palestine is pulling the U.S. into the fray saying that we are just as responsibe for the death of the Hamas leader. Any other time I would not let religion play a role in my decision but when it jeopardises national security I think I'll play it safe. Again I'm not trying to sound anti-semetic and I'm not even sure Kerry is Jewish, but I really don't want an Palestinian suicide bombing situation in the states.

my jeep pulls left with gas, right without gas, whats up?

south442 said:
I did a Google search for any mention of Bush saying "Japanites" and I couldn't find anything. Is this just another urban legend?

All I could find is that Japanite is a synonym for Pennine - which is a mineral described as "A variety of Clinochlore or A pseudo-trigonal variety of Clinochlore." And Clinochlore is (Mg,Fe2+)5Al(Si3Al)O10(OH) With an origin of - Clinochlore from the Greek klino - "oblique" and chloros - " green." Ripidolite from the Greek rhipis - "fan" and lithos - "stone." Pennine from the Pennine Alps, Italy

Is Bush an expert in minerals and we didn't know it?

(Some useless trivia for Mingez :lol: )

Hahahahahahaha!!! That was AWESOME. South 442, thanks... I needed that after reading this thread. :lol: :lol:

I don't think Muslim Fundamentalists will be any MORE or less motivated if Kerry is Jewish. They think we are satan, can't get anymore hateful than that.

LGR, I agree, I am going to retire, if you all look at the "Free Speech" thread, you'll understand why.

HiC, I'll call my relatives in that "dumb" country and tell them to "F" off for you. That's how we should treat one of our strongest allies. Riiiiggghhtt. Damn stupid japs, with their high faluten electronics....
I'm assuming there is no particular reason you picked the 'mother land' to pick on. We are indebted to quite a few coutries. Lay off the brothas! :lol:

Far Right, tell me what you are trying to set me up for and I'll tell you how I interpret the consitution. :wink: Y'see, I can politik. :)

Johnny, I agree with your entire post.

LGR said:
ya know...i think i'm going to retire from this post..its taking too much outta me. XJ hunt is doing okay..found one for 1300, just gotta make some calls.

congrats dude, get us pics quick.

made some calls today after work. the guy sold it two days ago. serves me right for not acting fast enough...i'd have to wait for my tax return anyways.

limited slip in a dana 30

mingez said:
Why would I vote for Kerry? Why wouldn't I vote for Bush.

I think the arguement "let him finish what he started" is what all incumbant supporters say (both parties), as if 8 years is a "magic" number for success. If that were the case, presidents would have to be in office for 20 years to see any of there policies take effect.

Kerry isn't anti-military, he's anti "irresponsibly spending" for the military. It hasn't been efficient since the 1950's. Efficiencey in spending is just plain responsible.

Kerry is a combat vet, Dubya is not. Bush's obvious pub stunt landing on that carrier was sooo transparent.

Kerry will pursue environmental concerns. I am no treehugger, but it's an important issue. Bush ignores the environment.

Create jobs, don't give the rich taxbreaks. Bush hid behind the tax refunds he gave to the middle class, in a way to devert attention from the ridiculous disproportionate breaks those who make the most get excused from. Flat tax.... Neither candidate supports that.
Of course, this is equally the falt of the current legislature as well.

Kerry is articulate, Bush is not.
Bush has embarrassed the US by being completely ignorant of the world, making him the least respected president in terms of his world view. Hard to buy into his world policy platform when he refers publicly to the Japanese as "Japanites". I still can't believe that one.

And let's face it Kerry is more intellegent than GW. That'll show during the upcoming debates. Kerry has proposed more debate, GW is scared and wants less air time shared in tha forum. Because he knows he'll look silly.

I think we give G W too much props for 9/11. IMO, ANYONE would have done what Bush did after 9/11. He did do a good job I agree, but who on this board wouldn't have responded the same way Bush did? Does that make each of us qualified to run the government?
To me, he was just 'fortunate" to be in office at the time. He's taking full advantage, as he should, but I ain't buying it.

Bush doesn't keep his promises. (see Copper's above post)

Bush is too conservative for me, and (in my opinion) too intrusive in terms of social governing.

The Bush strategy is clear. Use wedge issues to divide America. Work overtime to distort John Kerry's record. And use Bush's campaign war chest to try to cover up his failed record. We as a people, must come together, not focus on the issues which divide us.
I wish I had the time to pick this pinky-leftist-whacko thread apart, but I have to go to work! LOL mingez, I couldn't resist. BTW- The smaller gov't issue was what I was referring to. Many of his campaign promises were upheld - like my nice tax breaks for one. I'll be back this evening...

hi_c said:
Then we have this quote:
No one talks about Obesity, millions of americans are morbidly Obese. and die cause of this.
What!? Who cares about fat people? Stop going to McD's and Hardee's and all-you-can-eat buffets and instead of watching Oprah and Springer and Judge Judy each night, go for a walk, ride a bike or for Pete's sake, have sex! It's exercise, ya know?! I don't ever want to hear someone in this country blame someone else for being fat, or obese or whatever you want to call it.

"These cigarettes gave me emphysema, so now I'm suing you cause I'm gonna die."
"This coffee was too hot when you gave it to me so when I spill it, you can pay for my burn treatments."
"This fastfood has too much saturated fat and now I have health issues because I'm obese. Here's my bill."

What a load.

C
{stepping down from the soapbox}

C, I mean no disrespect but... I know you are way more intellegent than that. That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever had the pleasure to read! I think I know what you are saying, something along the lines of people need to think for themselves, and I wish it was as easy as you say. So lets shut donw hardies or McD's, No more TV! Manditroy Exercise for all! Oh ya, it was called school! what heppened there?

What I am trying to Illistrate is, People (politics) are more interested in debating whether GWB was arreasted for a DWI when he was 18, or whether Kerry Hung around with Jane Fonda in the 70's. I think there are more important issues and topics to be addressed. I knoticed you did not quote what I said about police and fire departments, or the teachers?

Obeseity is a Problem, It is a disease, not whether you think this or not, it is. And just so you know, Ignoring it won't make it go away! Obesity, smokeing, Really any lifestyle base ailment is directly effected by lack of education, or mis-lead information!

Ex a McD big mac meal has ~62 gms of fat

Did you know that the McD's Ceasar Salad has ~68 gms of fat.
So all the people that have been mis-lead their whole life to believe that salad is better for them are now wrong!

The #1 killer in america is Heart Disease, and 45% of all people that die from Heart Disease are accually their Ideal weight, good example, do you know who Jim Neighbors is, Look him up.

Now Do you know how much money teachers in Boston Make a year. Probably not, But I do
$25,752 a year, thats all, and that is not any exaderation cause I will be happy to send you a copy of my W2! And it is not just Boston, it is teachers all over the nation! And these are the people that are shaping the future of this Nation!
I was reading another article not too long ago, did you know 7 out of 10 fire departments are under funded in America, and I am not talking about pay, I am talking about having the proper equiptment to perform there job safely.

Or Domestic Violence, Violent crimes, those seem to be topics missing from the debates. Why should we not talk about these.

Heres a fact for ya- There is a greater chance that you will be killed tomorrow by some one randomly than to be a vitcim of terrorism!

How about the Lack of funding for organizations that help under privaledged families? There used to be a Organization here in Boston that was called $h association, and was made up of a couple of people that would go into the inner city and urban neighborhoods and educate the youth about the enviroment, take these youths to the more rural areas of the state, and show them that there is a lot more in life than the hardships of inner city. Hundreds more thing they would do. While 4H was around here, Violent crime was low, 4H was discontinued last year as well as a large number of after school programs, Violent crime amoungst teen has doubled in Boston! (Zero-8 Coallition, Headstart program, and more all gone, Thanks GWB!)

OH Good ol dubbya, good ol Christian you say, who cares, seperation of church and state! His christian Values aren't worth Jack!
JFK arguably one of the greatest christian presidents ever, Couldn't keep his junk in his draws! he was too busy bopping MM! Nice values!

Not Offense to anyone, but you need to look at this from all aspects not the 3X3 soapbox you stand on!

AAARRRGGGG I need a beer!

TwistedCopper said:
I wish I had the time to pick this pinky-leftist-whacko thread apart, but I have to go to work! LOL mingez, I couldn't resist. BTW- The smaller gov't issue was what I was referring to. Many of his campaign promises were upheld - like my nice tax breaks for one. I'll be back this evening...

FYI - Copper, it's PINKO-leftist-whacko. Heheheheee :lol: Get it right bub... JK
I know you'll have something to say about that. I look forward to reading thoughts from my favorite "Facist-rightwinged-megalomanic" Heehee I couldn't resist either. :lol: No really, I know you veiws will be completely different than mine, but it's cool, I'm down. I always look forward to your posts.

Far Right - I don't exactly know how to answer. I'm not trying to dance around your question. The answer is: I simply interpret. It's neither loose nor strict to me. The Constitution is a document meant to evolve with the people and the times. Usually those who subscribe to old values tend to hate change. But, I say, that is it's strongest attribute.

Johnny, you are right on again with your last post.

Remember all, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. I heard "Japanites" with my own two ears, he was asked to give some thoughts about the movie "Pearl Harbor." Not an Urban legend. Read the list below and maybe it doesn't seem so far fetched that an IVY leaguer would make such a mistake.

Here's some more:
"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."—Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001
I didn't go to Yale, but I believe that AFRICA is a CONTINENT.

"{waves hello}"- G.W. Bush waves to the blind musician, Stevie Wonder, as reported by the Washington Post, March 6th, 2002

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region."-March 13th, 2000, Washington, D.C.
Last I checked the middle east IS the region.

"Do you have blacks too?" - Bush ignorantly asked Brazil's President Fernando Henrique Cardoso. Reported by the reputable German publication Der Spiegel. Rumor has it, Condoleza Rice interupted the president and explained in brief the African history in Brazil.
Yeah they do... they're called "Brazilians"

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee --that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me ... You can't get fooled again." - G.W. Bush quoted by the Baltimore Sun - Oct 6, 2002
That isn't in Texas or anywhere else in the world.

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."—Rome, July 22, 2001
You need to believe in...NOT TALKING.

Just do a search on "Bushisms" those are merely the first few I read.
C'mon.

mingez said:
Why would I vote for Kerry? Why wouldn't I vote for Bush.

I think the arguement "let him finish what he started" is what all incumbant supporters say (both parties), as if 8 years is a "magic" number for success. If that were the case, presidents would have to be in office for 20 years to see any of there policies take effect.
I know it's not a good start, but I agree with that one :wink:

Kerry isn't anti-military, he's anti "irresponsibly spending" for the military. It hasn't been efficient since the 1950's. Efficiencey in spending is just plain responsible.

Uh, that's a pretty lame way to describe rejecting EVERY single budget increase for the military that ever came before him!

Kerry is a combat vet, Dubya is not. Bush's obvious pub stunt landing on that carrier was sooo transparent.

Kerry is a combat vet who disgraced his uniform by tossing his medals over the White House fence. As far as Bush's "stunt", can you blame the guy for wanting to get in that cockpit? Pub stunt or not, I would have done it too

Kerry will pursue environmental concerns. I am no treehugger, but it's an important issue. Bush ignores the environment.

That statement is way too general. Why don't you post a link to that bogus "Mommy may I have some more arsenic in my water please" commercial :roll: . How has Bush's policies "ignored" the environment compared to, oh lets say the Clinton Admin, for example?

Create jobs, don't give the rich taxbreaks. Bush hid behind the tax refunds he gave to the middle class, in a way to devert attention from the ridiculous disproportionate breaks those who make the most get excused from. Flat tax.... Neither candidate supports that.
Of course, this is equally the falt of the current legislature as well.

No liberal bashes Bush without ringing this tired old bell. The tax cuts were across the board. What you call "rich" folks pay a higher percentage of taxes(higher tax bracket), so it is only logical that if an accross the board tax cut is made, then they will save more money. They are not saving a higher percentage of taxes, just more money because they pay more taxes. Man I get sick of defending that one.

Kerry is articulate, Bush is not.
Bush has embarrassed the US by being completely ignorant of the world, making him the least respected president in terms of his world view. Hard to buy into his world policy platform when he refers publicly to the Japanese as "Japanites". I still can't believe that one.

Bush may make some mistakes when speaking publically, but he makes up for it with character. You may be embarrased by him, but speak for yourself, not the country. I don't think the majority will agree with you on that one. As far as respect, this country has more respect now than we've had in many many years. Remember that nutcase in North Korea who was shooting off his mouth about nuclear arms and making threats to the US? Well you don't hear from him anymore. He shut up because he knows we ain't gonna put up with threats anymore. He respects a country that can go into another halfway accross the world and take it over in a few weeks. Das respect my man!

And let's face it Kerry is more intellegent than GW. That'll show during the upcoming debates. Kerry has proposed more debate, GW is scared and wants less air time shared in tha forum. Because he knows he'll look silly.

I look forward to those debates. Kerry is not more intelligent, and is hindered by his liberal views which make for weak argueing points. The best liberal tactic to win an unwinable debate is to spin topics and dance around questions. Bush may not be as articulate, but he is well enough equipped for a debate with that BOTOX FREAK!!! Besides, he's on the right :wink:

I think we give G W too much props for 9/11. IMO, ANYONE would have done what Bush did after 9/11. He did do a good job I agree, but who on this board wouldn't have responded the same way Bush did? Does that make each of us qualified to run the government?
To me, he was just 'fortunate" to be in office at the time. He's taking full advantage, as he should, but I ain't buying it.

No way Al Gore would have sent troops to Afghanistan. In your own words, I ain't buying it. Bush faces enemies with that "Don't mess with Texas" attitude. I like it.

Bush doesn't keep his promises. (see Copper's above post)

I pointed out one.

Bush is too conservative for me, and (in my opinion) too intrusive in terms of social governing.
opinion

The Bush strategy is clear. Use wedge issues to divide America. Work overtime to distort John Kerry's record. And use Bush's campaign war chest to try to cover up his failed record. We as a people, must come together, not focus on the issues which divide us.

First of all Kerry needs no help to make his record look bad. He's a flip-flopper. WHat failed record? Economy?
Dow 10,048.23 15.41
NASDAQ 1,909.48 7.68
S&P 1,091.33 2.62
nope, that looks good. As a matter of fact it's better than when slick willie was in office because the market is up AND interest rates are down, and so are taxes.
HMMMM, something to this!
So I guess my answer to TUG's question is Hell yeah, I'm better off than I was 4 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

TC's comments in BOLD

CJ7 front clip on a YJ or going retro

jps4jeep said:
C, I mean no disrespect but... I know you are way more intellegent than that. That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever had the pleasure to read! I think I know what you are saying, something along the lines of people need to think for themselves, and I wish it was as easy as you say. So lets shut donw hardies or McD's, No more TV! Manditroy Exercise for all! Oh ya, it was called school! what heppened there?

What I am trying to Illistrate is, People (politics) are more interested in debating whether GWB was arreasted for a DWI when he was 18, or whether Kerry Hung around with Jane Fonda in the 70's. I think there are more important issues and topics to be addressed. I knoticed you did not quote what I said about police and fire departments, or the teachers?

Obeseity is a Problem, It is a disease, not whether you think this or not, it is. And just so you know, Ignoring it won't make it go away! Obesity, smokeing, Really any lifestyle base ailment is directly effected by lack of education, or mis-lead information!

Ex a McD big mac meal has ~62 gms of fat

Did you know that the McD's Ceasar Salad has ~68 gms of fat.
So all the people that have been mis-lead their whole life to believe that salad is better for them are now wrong!

The #1 killer in america is Heart Disease, and 45% of all people that die from Heart Disease are accually their Ideal weight, good example, do you know who Jim Neighbors is, Look him up.

Now Do you know how much money teachers in Boston Make a year. Probably not, But I do
$25,752 a year, thats all, and that is not any exaderation cause I will be happy to send you a copy of my W2! And it is not just Boston, it is teachers all over the nation! And these are the people that are shaping the future of this Nation!
I was reading another article not too long ago, did you know 7 out of 10 fire departments are under funded in America, and I am not talking about pay, I am talking about having the proper equiptment to perform there job safely.

Or Domestic Violence, Violent crimes, those seem to be topics missing from the debates. Why should we not talk about these.

Heres a fact for ya- There is a greater chance that you will be killed tomorrow by some one randomly than to be a vitcim of terrorism!

How about the Lack of funding for organizations that help under privaledged families? There used to be a Organization here in Boston that was called $h association, and was made up of a couple of people that would go into the inner city and urban neighborhoods and educate the youth about the enviroment, take these youths to the more rural areas of the state, and show them that there is a lot more in life than the hardships of inner city. Hundreds more thing they would do. While 4H was around here, Violent crime was low, 4H was discontinued last year as well as a large number of after school programs, Violent crime amoungst teen has doubled in Boston! (Zero-8 Coallition, Headstart program, and more all gone, Thanks GWB!)

OH Good ol dubbya, good ol Christian you say, who cares, seperation of church and state! His christian Values aren't worth Jack!
JFK arguably one of the greatest christian presidents ever, Couldn't keep his junk in his draws! he was too busy bopping MM! Nice values!

Not Offense to anyone, but you need to look at this from all aspects not the 3X3 soapbox you stand on!

AAARRRGGGG I need a beer!
1. Teachers took the jobs they have. I knew teachers don't make Jack so I never considered it as a career option. Used to be primarily a job for women. They could raise their kids and work - and the schedules jived. That was in a different America, but the teachers unions have been too busy fighting political bull$#!t istead of wages. They need to shake up that union.
2. 4H and the Scouts have been removed from alot of the buildings they used to have access to. This is because they refuse to remove GOD from their organizations, so the Gov't removed priveledge. My daughters will be in 4H and both the boys and girls in Scouting. (somebody's gotta make those cookies and build pinewood derby cars!)
3.W's values and Christian beliefs got him elected. This country was tired of the opposite with the Clintons. So although the values mean nothing to you, they're running this country right now. Sounds like you need to register to vote if you feel that strongly about that.

The Constitution is a document meant to evolve with the people and the times.
yes it is, with admentments. But not an entirely new way of intrepreting the established ones i.e. seperation of religion and gov't

Mingez, that "Bushism" stuff is done for every president. Shall I search Rush's archives? Nah.
Did a little digging. Check out these tax stats:

Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes

October 10, 2003

There is new data for 2001. The share of total income taxes paid by the top 1% fell to 33.89% from 37.42% in 2000. This is mainly because their income share (not just wages) fell from 20.81% to 17.53%. However, their average tax rate actually rose slightly from 27.45% to 27.50%.

All federal income taxes paid in the US:
Top 5% of wage earners : 53.25%
Top 10% of wage earners:64.89%
Top 50% of wage earners:96.03%

Think of it this way: less than four dollars out of every $100 paid in income taxes in the United States is paid by someone in the bottom 50% of wage earners. Are the top half millionaires? Noooo, more like "thousandaires." The top 50% were those individuals or couples filing jointly who earned $26,000 and up in 1999. (The top 1% earned $293,000-plus.)

Kinda blows the liberal "unfair" tax cut theory out of the water!

far_right said:
yes it is, with admentments. But not an entirely new way of intrepreting the established ones i.e. seperation of religion and gov't

That's not in the constitution. It was in a speech by Thom Jefferson.

TwistedCopper said:
far_right said:

That's not in the constitution. It was in a speech by Thom Jefferson.

I already explained why that is a bogus retort.
We covered that in the free speech thread. Religious debate at this point is best left there (I know we don't want to revisit that one). I think my point was clear on the Thomas Jefferson speech. Absence of verbage in the constitution doesn't necessarily suggest the lack of that "right." ie "Right to a fair trial" not in the Constitution.

You are right about Kerry being a flip-flopper, hence why I said " I chose the lesser of two evils." I am not pro-Kerry, let's get that strait.

Your interpretation of those tax #'s, I'll get back to you on that tommorrow, I am tooo tired to acquire #'s tonight, but I know I can refute them.

As for respect:
You said,
Bush may make some mistakes when speaking publically, but he makes up for it with character. You may be embarrased by him, but speak for yourself, not the country. I don't think the majority will agree with you on that one. As far as respect, this country has more respect now than we've had in many many years. Remember that nutcase in North Korea who was shooting off his mouth about nuclear arms and making threats to the US? Well you don't hear from him anymore. He shut up because he knows we ain't gonna put up with threats anymore. He respects a country that can go into another halfway accross the world and take it over in a few weeks. Das respect my man!

That's not true. Saying things like that is exactly the type of talk that "Psycho" in North Korea said. One man's hero is another man's psycho I suppose. That is clearly the case with Bush.
Public opinion in the nations we consider allies is not favorable for the Bush admin. FYI. But, most people will respond: "who cares what they think." My opinion, we should care.

I look forward to those debates. Kerry is not more intelligent, and is hindered by his liberal views which make for weak argueing points. The best liberal tactic to win an unwinable debate is to spin topics and dance around questions. Bush may not be as articulate, but he is well enough equipped for a debate with that BOTOX FREAK!!! Besides, he's on the right

I think conservatives have weak argueing points, hindered by their belief that everyone in the US should believe the same things they do. A common Conservative debate tactic is to win an unwinable debate by spinning topics and dancing around questions. Oh wait... ALL politicians do that!!!!!!!!!
I think you're fooling yourself into believing that moron can win a debate. This is the part of the arguement no Bush supporter can win. He's simply horrible at debate and public speech.

You're correct, they DO do the funny quote thing for every president. But he has a propensity for doing it often. WAY more often than most.

Uh, that's a pretty lame way to describe rejecting EVERY single budget increase for the military that ever came before him!

Uhhhhh, no. If EVERY increase is tied into something horribly irresponsible, then it SHOULD be rejected. No military expendature proposal is a cut and dry situation, it's not that simple. All though many elephants would like to think it is.... talk about lame.. hee hee.

Far right, amendment procedure IS my point.

mingez said:
Your interpretation of those tax #'s, I'll get back to you on that tommorrow, I am tooo tired to acquire #'s tonight, but I know I can refute them.

Not an interpretation, just facts.

Public opinion in the nations we consider allies is not favorable for the Bush admin. FYI. But, most people will respond: "who cares what they think." My opinion, we should care.

You're right, we should care. Care about the fact that the rest of the world have been sucking us dry and walking on our backs. Care that foreign countries combined owe us more money than our current deficit and they don't pay nuttin'. We should care that they complain about us then ask for help. They want their cake and eat it to. We need to look out for #1, and not step in #2 :lol: . take care of home first, then help out abroad when needed.

I think you're fooling yourself into believing that moron can win a debate. This is the part of the arguement no Bush supporter can win. He's simply horrible at debate and public speech.

The man is by no means a Moron. He is a Harvard graduate. I can see a moron graduating from some colleges, but definately not Harvard!!! We shall see about the debate. The media (especially CNN - the "Clinton News Network") said he would make a fool of himself @ the State of the Union addresses. He has delivered some excellent speeches. We shall see.

Uhhhhh, no. If EVERY increase is tied into something horribly irresponsible, then it SHOULD be rejected. No military expendature proposal is a cut and dry situation, it's not that simple. All though many elephants would like to think it is.... talk about lame.. hee hee.

No bill, act, etc is without BS attachments. Both sides do it and it is one of the biggest problems in Gov't today. Many of the increases have passed, despite Kerry voting no. Many Dem's voted for them as well. My point was that Kerry has voted no on all defense legislation out of protest and now he has the stones to accuse Bush of under-equipping the soldiers. That's spin at is ugliest.

[quote="TwistedCopper]
1. Teachers took the jobs they have. I knew teachers don't make Jack so I never considered it as a career option. Used to be primarily a job for women. They could raise their kids and work - and the schedules jived. That was in a different America, but the teachers unions have been too busy fighting political bull$#!t istead of wages. They need to shake up that union.
2. 4H and the Scouts have been removed from alot of the buildings they used to have access to. This is because they refuse to remove GOD from their organizations, so the Gov't removed priveledge. My daughters will be in 4H and both the boys and girls in Scouting. (somebody's gotta make those cookies and build pinewood derby cars!)
3.W's values and Christian beliefs got him elected. This country was tired of the opposite with the Clintons. So although the values mean nothing to you, they're running this country right now. Sounds like you need to register to vote if you feel that strongly about that.[/quote]

That doesn't bother you? The Youth of this nation is also the future of this nation! Those are the people we should be working to protect! I see a lot of teachers that are making very low wages and are simply not passionate about teaching, and in the end the students suffer. Is this who you want to educate your kids, cause even if it is not the field you chose, if you got kids, your part of it!
If the nations youth have no place to go after school, cause mom and dad, or just mom, or just dad are working, what is to happen to them. They are more likly to end up hooked on drugs, gangs, or some other typs of ill-fated future. And I know this is different for all parts of this nation.
I doubt there is a charpter of the Bloods in the back woods of Idaho but in the urban areas, this is all true, I see it every day. The rural areas have there own issues to deal with.
Every summer The University I work for, donates my time, and I work in the summer programs in Boston. I try to educate the youth about a number of things. Mainly Nutrition and exercise (my field of expertise) but also among other issues.

I retire from this post! no one seems to care about the well being of the people of this fair contry! so.. Lets B*tch about money.

When I see a candidate represent himself in a manner in which I can feel empowered and passionate about, then I will vote, but untill then, I will work, pay my taxes, and do my part.

Jps,

First, let's remember this is all a friendly discussion of personal views. Also, let's not take things out of context. I didn't say we need to close down McD's, Hardees, stop airing TV programs, nor implement a mandatory exercise program. I'm saying that it's all about choices. I love to go eat a 1/2 lb. thick burger and a large fry and a 32 oz. coke (not diet). But I'm 6'4" 195lbs. Pretty slender for my size. So I can do that. But when people CHOOSE to go to fast food for 10 of their 21 meals a week, and CHOOSE to watch TV for 3 hours a day, then they are saying that they CHOOSE to be obese. I just don't want to hear those same people cry about obesity and pass the blame onto the fattening food industry. I think I said at the end of my "rant" that my whole theme was people don't take responsibility for their own actions. I know that there are those who suffer from a real disease called obesity, and I'm sorry I blanketed my comments to include all who are obese. But I also think that most over-weight americans hide behind obesity to explain their poor choice selection. And that's makes me mad.

As for teachers, FD, PD, garbage collectors, and other public servants... I didn't mention anything, cause I don't know anything on those issues. I do think that these people should be among the highest paid careers. I hate to see a professional sports player make millions for playing a game, when someone else empties our garbage 5 days a week for minimum wage. I hate to see actors make millions for 3 months of work (or 1 million per episode - friends) when the teachers that taught them to read and write and add and subtract make barely enough to live paycheck to paycheck. I agree that teachers are the key to our future and the key to the success of this nation. So pay them MORE! However, I too, knew that teachers don't make much and I chose to be a programmer. So that's what I did. And I'm happy.

Finally, I love TwistedCopper's comment
You're right, we should care. Care about the fact that the rest of the world have been sucking us dry and walking on our backs. Care that foreign countries combined owe us more money than our current deficit and they don't pay nuttin'. We should care that they complain about us then ask for help. They want their cake and eat it to. We need to look out for #1, and not step in #2 . take care of home first, then help out abroad when needed.

Amen, brother.

C

C, It is choices, I agree with you, i have a intensive 3 week curriculum that I give my student all about choices! I am 100% in agreement, but in order to make choice, you need to be educated on the topic. I used the McD's example about the Big Mac and The Salad. If you are not educated about how to read a foor label, or even where to find them, you would not know this.

This is a friendly debate, and I am not gonna punch ya out if we ever met or anything cause I am pissed, I just get frustrated cause it seams that the people that do the most to make the nation what it is, get the least (and not just moeny but also recognition), and vice versa.

Back