I'm at a loss for words...

RE: XJ parts wanted!

Green97TJ said:
I dont know much about towing, but does anyone else think that a 28ft, 3000 pound camper is a bit much for a Ford Explorer???

Nope.. I had a Mazda B400 extended cab pickup with the 4 liter v6, it is the same chasis and drivetrain as the explorer. I towed cars behind it with no problem at all. I had 4000+ pounds behind me. And the longer the trailer the easier it is to tow - it actually increases the stability of the load. Also, those trailers have surge brake systems or electric, so braking is no big issue either.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Warning NOT for those that don

jps4jeep said:
bchcky said:
i hope he at least remembered to fill the blinker fluid reservoir on the trailer so people know which way to swerve :roll:
Careful!! I accually have blinker fluid!

Don't forget to check your muffler bearing.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Warning NOT for those that don

Green97TJ wrote:
I dont know much about towing, but does anyone else think that a 28ft, 3000 pound camper is a bit much for a Ford Explorer???

Nope.. I had a Mazda B400 extended cab pickup with the 4 liter v6, it is the same chasis and drivetrain as the explorer. I towed cars behind it with no problem at all. I had 4000+ pounds behind me. And the longer the trailer the easier it is to tow - it actually increases the stability of the load. Also, those trailers have surge brake systems or electric, so braking is no big issue either.

Works for me :D Like I said, I dont know a whole lot about towing. Or Ford Explorers for that matter

Back