imagestation rant

randomjeeper

:x this is a pretty long story, so get comfortable.

a few months ago i realized some of the pictures i posted on imagestation had been lost (by imagestation), but i guess to make it up to me, they gave me credit for getting 100 prints for free. i was going to copy down the code for the free pictures, but it was like 8 billion letters and numbers, so i didn't. in anticipation for getting free prints i've been going through my digital pictures (a lot of them!), and accumulating all the pictures i want prints of (since i went digital, i have no prints for anything that happened within the last year).

so a few days before the voucher expires, i go to get those codes. ah - ha they are gone :? , okay so now what? customer service time!!! i think to myself, not a problem, i'll contact them they'll give me the numbers and i'll be set.

okay first, where is the customer service on the site? so i find that. contact them through a live chat, some dude says yeah he can't help me so he'll send it to the exceptions team or something. i get an email saying they'll contact me in 24 hours. okay cool. 24 hours, nothing :roll: , so i get online again, and talk to the same dude i think, same story, get another email, etc. another 24 hours goes by (now the coupon is about to expire tomorrow at this point) and nothing :roll: . i'm starting to get pissed :x . well, lets try contacting them again. different dude this time, same thing, wait a day, two days, a week... nothing :evil: . so that's where i'm at now. i bet after all this they are going to say there is nothing we can do, if they ever get back to me :roll: .

so their customer service sucks :evil: , and they have no respect for being honest with their customers. last time i ever post pictures on there, and i am in the process of moving my pictures somewhere else (sully recommended photobucket i think?).

just needed to rant and figured, i'd share my story with you guys and tell people not to bother with them :twisted: .

Name that vehicle...

Sorry to hear about that. Photobucket is awesome though!

RE: Re: Not new to jeepz but been away awhile

dude i hear that. imagestation is a huge wast of www space. i cant understand why either. sony id such a respectable company. why would thay have an inferior place to host pics. and photobucket is a really great place. the upload process is real easy and amazingly fast (for me atleast) so i say can that imagestation and put all your pics in a bucket, photobucket that is.

Hi-Ya randomjeeper,

I also had problems with ImageStation "losing" photos. That is the primary reason I quit that I-Net photo hosting service.

I also have problems with the Sony ImageStation "User Service Agreement." It is a tough slog to read through that lengthy agreement, but interesting nonetheless.

It bugs me that any image one posts on that site becomes Sony's property. In effect, you give Sony unrestricted ownership of any and all photos that you post on that site via the "User Service Agreement."

You see, they don't lose YOUR photos -- they lose THEIR photos.

Regards,

Gadget

RE: winches

I use ImageShack - no probs...................................so far!

I use Photobucket and love it. Simple, concise, and no problems. I haven't owned or used any Sony products since highschool when I bought a Sony car stereo and realized it wasn't compatible with any other brand of speakers or amps. I've heard the same about their home entertainment products....way too proprietary.

update: it's been who knows how long now, no response :x . for some reason i am not surprised! i don't think they have a customer service department, its all just a joke :evil: .

is there a way to upload more than 20 pictures at a time with photobucket?

Re: RE: Modifications on gear for HEI

no way to add 20 at a time on photobucket

but you can add up to 19 at a time -> just choose add multiple pictures and select anywherefrom 1 to 19 pictures

Re: RE: lockers on a YJ

Random, try www.fotki.com That's another picture hosting site, you can upload right from the folder on your computer that the pictures are in (once you download the web publish part of the site). It's great.

Sorry about imagestation, you def scared me away from them.

Back