iNSTALLED ez-lOCKER IN MY cj7 TODAY

jackal

Installed EZ locker today. was quick and straight forward. Diving was excellent, no adverse effects. A little bit of ratchet noise( wife could hear it but I couldn't). Been raining last week, and I pulled out of a local ditch without spinning and digging like usual.

If anyone has any questions e-mail me if I can help.

Thanks,

Jackal
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

what model axle do you have? Dana 20? how much was the locker?[addsig]

Got any pictures of the install? I'd love to put a write-up about that install on this site!

Terry[addsig]

I didn't take any pics ,( didn't want to get the wifes new digital camera greasy, although she would have taken the pics if I had asked her???), but I can remember the short cuts. I'll write them down while it is fresh on my memory. I have a AMC 20 AXLE, I used the stock 2-piece shafts. The locker was $241 from 4wheelparts.com. They had free shipping and for $30 they offer their own LIFETIME WARRANTY. I received it in 3 days. My wife says she can hear it ratchet, but I can't. It only acted funny once . I was pulling into a reataurant and made a quick u-turn and pumped the clutch and slipped and made the jeep lurch a few times and it jerked a little. I would say this was my fault , since I don't drive like this all the time and my foot slipped.

I will get a list of my short-cuts and send it in soon.

Thanks,

Jackal
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Was that a front or rear locker? I have a cj-7 all original with auto trans and I wonder if it would be beneficial for me to put lockers on it. Also, give me a suggestion as to what shock absorbers are for medium off road use- been looking at heckethorn shocks and in your opinion, what do you prefer? thanks and have a good day. [addsig]

I've been running Gabriel shocks that came on it, ( I've owned the Jeep for 6months ).

I've heard that a locker isn't good in ice or snow. When I called some of the shops that sell them they said it would be ok, that nothing is good on ice. Well that sounds good to me.

Thanks,

Jackal
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back