it's all coming back....

IcyFridge

Now, finally... after hanging on these forums for a bit, it's all starting to come back to me.

I haven't had my Jeep for a while. Now my guru-ness is starting to flood back to me. LOL.

Going to pick up the 2001 Cherokee this week. This week: muffler delete and intake. Next week 15x8 AR767 rims with 255/70R15 Futura GLS Super Sport (I know they are shit, but works for me for now)

I'll post pics on my website when I am done with everything.

You can view my old stroker '95 cherokee on 33's here:

www.rit.edu/~msb6082/jeep.html

Welcome! You sold this for what? That was a nice looking rig. Interested to see pics of the new rig.

That's a nice lookin xj you had there, you built a stroker for that thing? A stroker is in the future for my jeep too, just don't know when.

I like the hood too, I'm usually not too keen on those glass hoods but that looks sharp.

Joop

Looks like a night rider jeep. Very stealth. It looks fast, but we all know looks can be decieving.

selling soft top with completed hardware and a bikini top

Haha. That hood is the stock hood cut to accept airflow from modified lund eclise hood scoops that were bolted on.

The Jeep was pretty fast, ran a lot faster than a stock cherokee and I'm running 33's with stock 3.55 gears.

Also, I sold that Jeep for a 2004 Subaru WRX, which was totalled on 8-4-2004.

Actually it was a regular WRX. With the mods I had sitting at home, it could have beat an STi, but I totalled it before I could install my mods.

Pics of the car before:
www.rit.edu/~msb6082/mods.html

Pics after the accident:
www.rit.edu/~msb6082/accident.html

SUCKS!

At least I'm back to Jeepz.com after almost a year and a half off.

So far I've ordered:
New 15x7 AR767 rims with my old 235/75R15 Futura Enforcer M/T tires.
(I'm gonna call my jeep, "the little one that could" ROFL!)
Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 exhaust to replace stock exhaust.
They should be on the Jeep the day after I get it.

I'm on a tight budget now. But, once I save up - I dream of a SkyJacker 8" rock ready with SYE and 35's, but most likely a BDS 3" with 31's.
Quoted 950 bucks to install BDS and parts and mount tires and balance/alignment and steering stabilizer and poly bushings for swaybar. NOT BAD at all!!!

Ring and Pinion Prices and Installation

That sucks about the car. I've got two friends with regular WRX's, and lets just say they're fast!! One of them is just a little faster than stock, but the other is running 4.0's in the quarter mile (I know, i didn't believe it at first either). Good to hear you got a Jeep though!! You're other one looks sweet

4.0s in the 1/4......that's fast. He should check into taking that thing to a NHRA event seeing as how the Top fuel record is 4.44 and the Top fuel funny car record is 4.71 and the Pro stock record is 6.67....I know some guys who run pro-mods (a stretched wheelbase pro stock whith a top fuel motor in it) who cannot get below 4.0 in the 1/8th mile.

can you say TYPO.

Haha. My buddy and I had a partnership with a pro street alcohol injected Mustang 5.0.
Ran 1/4 mile in 8's. Pretty fast.

Sorry, I meant 4.0 seconds from 0-60 mph!!! I was in a hurry this morning and wasn't even thinking!

Just thought that was fast for an import, that still has the stock engine block and heads. oh well

Of course.

AR767 was backordered. So today I'm picking up some 15x7 OutlawII's with my old 235/75R15 Futura Enforcer M/Ts. Also a flowmaster exhaust is waiting for me.

::evil grin:: feels good to be baccckkk!!!

Only thing that sucks about the jeep is it's only fast until you hit 3rd gear. You can beat ricers off the line for a few feet. But once you hit 3rd forget it.

Only thing that sucks about the jeep is it's only fast until you hit 3rd gear. You can beat ricers off the line for a few feet. But once you hit 3rd forget it.

Depends on where you "draw the line", Sully!! Don't think those ricers could keep up with my POS 4cyl TJ on a "road" of my choice!! I believe they'd be travelling at "winch speed" VERY shortly!! :lol:

COPS Wanted

Sully said:

Hop that 258 up, man!! You need to harness a few more mid-upper rpm horsies.

Back