jeep cranks too long before starting

pghpenna

I would like to borrow some of the boards widom with regards to the latest concern with my gals 93 YJ. Her YJ turns/cranks too long before starting (some times more than 15 seconds), What should I be looking for other than timing and perhaps checking the coil?Thanks, Frank[addsig]

Fuel delivery issues, maybe?
[addsig]

I had that same problem wiht my 93 YJ. I just bought a bottle of STP Fuel Injector Cleaner from advanced autop for $1.68(they had a sale) and it worked great. It took about 75 miles before I noticed a difference, but now it starts up ALOT better. I'm also going to replace the fuel filter soon. Try the cleaner first. its cheap and it could be the problem.

TARSI[addsig]

Sounds like a fuel problem. Check the fuel filter. Spray some starter fluid in the carb or throttle body if it is fuel injected. If it starts quickly and dies it is a fuel problem.[addsig]

I think I'll go with Jeep Addicts advice before I start with the timing/coil check. The jeep runs like a top when running, no misses at idle or acceleration. It's just a little tough to get out of bed (started) Thanks, Frank[addsig]

my jeep started doing this when the crankshaft position sensor died... i had mine crankin' for like 45 seconds just to get it to catch sometimes... i replaced the sensor, now it catches in less than 5 seconds all the time. not great, but better. i think i should run some injector cleaner soon.

-nate[addsig]

Could it be fouled spark plugs?...Mabye you are getting too much blow by causing your plugs to foul.[addsig]

Back